2 for C&C Please..

enufced904

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just picked up the nifty fifty and still getting used to it. I love it so far.

This is my cat, Mr. Sicily.
3721046177_eff0b21d02_o.jpg

And this is my wife..
3721046155_d6c3f28bac_o.jpg

Any CC will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I lightened photos up a bit since original post.

Last edited:
im still a newbie but to me they both look under exposed

i think you put that lens to good use! nice shots

exposure looks better, but im thinking the focus might be slightly off.
moreso on the one of mr. sicily

I'm seeing a slight amount of camera shake in both images...or maybe the images are just soft.

Do you have the shot data for both pictures? I don't have an exif viewer on my work computer.

Did you do any sharpening in PP?

I will have to look at the RAW images when I get home for the data and I'll know for sure. I did not sharpen them at all..

I will have to look at the RAW images when I get home for the data and I'll know for sure. I did not sharpen them at all..
Oh, that might be the reason they look so soft. Images from DSLRs should be sharpened during PP. The anti-aliasing filter in front of the image sensor deliberately softens the incoming image to reduce moire patterning. Sharpening during PP brings the image back to where it should be.

Oh, that might be the reason they look so soft. Images from DSLRs should be sharpened during PP. The anti-aliasing filter in front of the image sensor deliberately softens the incoming image to reduce moire patterning. Sharpening during PP brings the image back to where it should be.

I honestly did not know that..

First Pic
f/1.8
1/5
ISO 200

Second Pic
f/2.5
1/2000
ISO 200

Hey curious....Samanax is it possible to sharpen an image in LR?? Sorry for asking question in your thread. I particularly like the second one better but it seems like the picture could of benefited from better lighting, the light seems very bright to me.

Develop -> Scroll Down (Explore the world and thine tools, yay!) -> Sharpening.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back