2 From Today, C&C appreciated.

ViceOfFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I went up to the Dandenong Ranges today (Melbourne, Australia) and had a blast. Here's a couple of photos I took today, please be as harsh as you like (and sorry about the EXIF data not being on #1, it's an HDR).

StreamHDR.jpg

LeafDA.jpg

i like #2.. #1 has potential too.. perhaps try to pop out the colors a bit more... i'm a firm believer than when you have greenery in a photo, you can really make the photo stand out by bringing out those greens a little more with some PP

I like the concept of #2, but I don't like the DOP in the foreground. With that type of effect, I would prefer seeing the entire leaf in focus.

Thanks for the replies guys, I apreciate it. Bigtwinky, you're correct, and I was trying to get as much of the leaf in focus as I could (handheld, widest aperture@1/50 is the best I oculd do). I wish it were better too, but I figured it was the first leaf I'd seen with droplets on it since I started photography so I had to try and make something out of it. I'm getting the 60mm 1.8 within the week, so hopefully I'll be able to take even closer shots. Thanks for the advice :D.

Chris: Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Did you mean something like this (I had to compensate and over-contrast it due to uploading washing out my images):
StreamHDR2.jpg
Also, when I've seen you be harsh in your crits, I'm with you. It's not being an ass, people ask for it when they post pictures, and of course it will be subjective. I think people overreact and take things too seriously on the internet :p.

Haha you're welcome, and cheers for the compliment dude.

I definately like number the second version of number one better. The first even looked like the water was a bit noisy and the second version seems to have removed that.

Thanks muchly, realitycheck, I appreciate the compliment :).

Ya, the edited version looks a lot better (of #1)

Second one is nice too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back