2 kid shots, whatcha think

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any comments welcomed. I'm pretty disappointed with them, it was early afternoon and the light was harsh and I didn't work well with it.. and the pictures were more an afterthought to us walking around and visiting the pond.

Her face was initially pretty dark in this. I tried to correct it on the computer. Should I crop some off the right? Trying to keep it in standard print dimensions.

bellatracks2warmer.jpg

This one was also pretty dark. I got it looking a little better but then added a curves layer to try an alternative color scheme. I have a tendency to want to do this type of thing... please let me know what you guys think because I don't want to lean too heavily on the processing.

bellafieldfinaledit2cross.jpg

I know her pants are too long :meh:

Did you use a filler flash?? These also seem a bit nosie. Might just be my computer screen. In number two, I dont care for how her hands are just floating out there, It would have looked better if she had been throughing something up in the air or blowing bubbles, something like that.

I love love love the shot on the railroad. The way the legs are, something about it. The face is a tad dark but I just love this shot so much.

The color seems funky to me in the 2nd one. not sure why though. Is it a little fuzzy or is it just my eyes?

No fill flash used - her features are a bit flattened in #1.. it's really frustrating because I should have known better.

Her arms are up in #1 cause she was swinging them around. A slower shutter speed would have conveyed that but, oh well - I think I was at 2.8 or something ridiculous. The colors are weird because I made them that way. Do you think it looks better more in a more faithful color scheme?:

bellafieldfinaledit3.jpg

Is this an improvement on #1?

bellatracks3tif.jpg

Last edited:
I personaly like the last one you just posted #3. The contrast in #2 is to much, it makes it a lot darker around her eyes. What was your ISO

What was your ISO

ISO 100 on both. Yes they were both shot at 2.8 - was my first day with the new tamron and I was excited to have such a big aperture.

The 2nd edit is better for the colors, especially in the face.

Thanks for the replies. I might get these printed so I appreciate the feedback.

Great pictures, but kids on rail road tracks scare me! haha

I definitely love the first one.I agree though, I would take a smidge off the right side.
second one is good too, but the floating hands..eh.
Even though her hands are like doing the robot..lol, it still is super cute, its a kid at play, cant always be serious :)

No fill flash used - her features are a bit flattened in #1.. it's really frustrating because I should have known better.

Is this an improvement on #1?

bellatracks3tif.jpg

I think it is an improvement on the originally posted version.
Good photo overall. Her shoes coming toward the camera and the tufts of grass at the bottom of the frame add a huge amount of realism to the photo. This is very tricky lighting to work with without fill light from some source,and I think you could lift the curves in the shadow areas of her face a bit more. Good subject positioning,and the rolled up jeans are soooo cute,and show how little she is. This will become a treasured family photo as the years go by. Imagine if this was say, your mom or grandma, 40 or 70 years ago!! Someday, this will be that kind of picture.

I LOVE the one on the tracks. your second edit was a big improvement lightening up the face. Really nice shot!

I LOVE the one on the tracks. your second edit was a big improvement lightening up the face. Really nice shot!

Thanks. Yeah it seems better, it just still looks off to me. I hate editing stuff that I goofed up on - I can never get it to look right. Have a wireless hotshoe-type flash trigger in the mail so I'm looking forward to the options it will give me.

Love what you did on the railroad shot. The second time you posted it was way better then the first. I love how cute she is, and it just looks so relaxed. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back