2 more from the street

Great shots, only thing that bothers me (personal opinion on the way) is in the first shot. I think I'd like to see the foreground buildings either darker or lighter, I think it would bring out the vibrance of color in the distance.

Either way, great captures. The second image has a nice feeling of depth to it.

Regards,
Peter Witham

thanks peter!
I've been playing around the first pic a lot... i think i have a version with the buildings darkened and the cathedral a bit saturated... i just wanted to keep it as natural as possible so that the light is still all in the capture, not just another ps trick ;)
but i'll see if i can find that version ;)

i love number two, the building has a huge dominance in the shot, it really makes you feel surrounded by concrete.

Alexandra said:
thanks peter!
I've been playing around the first pic a lot... i think i have a version with the buildings darkened and the cathedral a bit saturated... i just wanted to keep it as natural as possible so that the light is still all in the capture, not just another ps trick ;)
but i'll see if i can find that version ;)

I hear ya, and I confess to being guilty of the "I'll just tweak that in Photoshop later" disease :). I try to do as much as I can in the camera but sometimes I just cannot get what I'm looking for due to my limitations rather than talent behind the lens :)

Which is why I love seeing the images in these forums, they are truly inspiring to me to know there are those that can capture what I only dream of.

Regards,
Peter

lol, i had that disease when i first started editing my pics... now i understood that less is more... i try to keep it natural and if there's no way i can save a pic, well... too bad... :)

Actually i used to look at the pictures in National Geographic and such, and i was finding them simply incredible... i still do (for some), but now i look at most of them and see obvious ps tricks, esp in the nature shots...

And yes, this forum and all the talented people in here amaze me every day... i would've passed by a lot of thing without even noticing, while someone else notices and brings up all the beauty of it :)

Thx Dave!

I also love a contrasty pic :thumbup:
...i used to go really over the top with saturation... and now i'm into b&w... goes to show people change.
also i think some people can remember my sepia phase *cough* :)

Most reactions

Back