2 more of the king fisher.

Not too bad, Danny. I like the profile in the first, the open beak in the second one.

Very nice...maybe you can coax him into landing on your light post to spice up that thread...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very nice danny, don't think I've seen a kingfisher with that kind of colouring before

these are belted king fishers, i think these, ringed king fishers and green king fisher are about all you are going to find in the USA. i have only seen the belted ones around here. not sure what kind you may have where you are at but the belted are the most common here.

Very nice danny, don't think I've seen a kingfisher with that kind of colouring before

these are belted king fishers, i think these, ringed king fishers and green king fisher are about all you are going to find in the USA. i have only seen the belted ones around here. not sure what kind you may have where you are at but the belted are the most common here.

I'm in the UK mate, Scotland to be more precise. We only have the one species of the blue and orange ones here and even then they are a rare sight only on good clean waters AFAIK. I've only ever seen one once and is was a mad flash of blue a couple of times and a very brief perch on a branch over a river I was fishing in. Great birds to see though

i have never seen one before i found this wetland area. i asked someone i new where i could find king fisher and she tole me to go to the beaver marsh. went there the first time and with in 15 min there was the king fisher, with in a hour he came close enough to get some shots of. most of the time i go there i at least see him or hear him at some point, its nice when he flys into he somewhat close trees and just sets there for a while.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back