2 new shots

dannydonahue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was just trying to get more in touch with my cameras functions. Im really trying to stray from using auto setings and i was really foucusing on adjusting apeture and shutter speed. Tell me what you think and as always i dont care how harsh your comments are as long as you keep them constructive.
IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

As far as focus and exposure, these look dead on. I assume the depth of field was the look you were going for. Technically, it's all correct, which you should be happy with if that's your entire goal for these photos. As for the composition, I'm glad that you got in so close on the face, but I don't care for the side that we see. Looking at half of a face can create some interesting tension, but getting the right half of his face when he is looking left just feels accidental. Also, there is a lot of stuff in the background, which could be cool if the subject somehow looked like a part of it.
What kind of camera did you get? (I'm glad you've decided to move away from auto settings! Congrats!)

Hopefully you didnt get the scar the same why I got mine by smacking your head on the edge of some stairs.

That is a painful experience.

Got the scar from a baseball when i was 9 or ten. I bought a cannon rebel xs, these are of myself i took so many trying to get close to getting a perfect half and the slight head turn left helped me to kindda achieve this. So what ur saying is right it is accidental. It was just really hard to get without looking through the view fider. The bike in the back round was placed there intentionaly because i love riding bmx. Ill keep hard at work on my composion to make it as best as it can be. Thank you for the comments keep em coming!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back