2 of my kiddo....CC please

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As far as I am concerned this is possibly thee best subject rofl!! JK!

So here are a couple of my son Gavin.... I'll point out my ideas of the pros and cons of each after each picture.

Photo 1

IMG_8904 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
1/250, f1.8, iso 3200

So I had a few goals in mind with this photo...
1) Practice getting a photo from an angle from way above.
2) The exposure triangle.... I've been practicing this a lot still and it is def starting to feel like the back of my hand finally!
3) My focus.

How I think I did.....
1) Did well got the shot that I wanted.
2) I think its ok......
3) TOTALLY OFFF!! GOSH DARN Hahaha!! I thought I had aimed for the eyes! Well long story short obviously I got the hair line. 2 ways to fix in the future would be to close down a stop or 2 and use a different focus point.

Photo 2

10x13-2 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
1/320, f2, iso1600

Honestly we were just playing around in his bedroom and he was being a goof so I was working on trying to capture shots of him jumping. His room has pretty decent light so I like to play around with my camera in there in manual. I have to say these are just way to grainy. I did not get the exposure triangle I feel like. I feel like with it sooc it was underexposed by 1 full stop. In order to fix that I should have upped my iso OR added flash. I also cropped it pp to get rid of some clutter on the outter edges and doing so I cut his hand off. I know its a no no but I did it with this one shot.

I've been shooting in manual so that was one of the goals with this photos was metering right....

So let me have it yal! As always Thanks!! :)

Last edited:
hahahah gary! When I saw you commented I was wondering what kinda goofy comment that I would laugh at but others could think not funny! then I got this!!! hahahaha!

Ditto it is way to saggy! BUT hey we are past that stuff now! 1 week of potty training done! 3 dry nights. 1 accident in 3 days!! NO MORE NAPPYS! as you british would say lol

In shot 2 the nappy is to saggy :lol:

I keep forgetting in the UK they are a nappy and not a diaper. I love #2, saggy diaper in all :) The idea of #1 is good (I've done some like this), but his face should be the focal point and his mouth is a tad out of focus.

Oh the focus def came out like crap. it looked good on the lcd screen but when I went to process i was like wth man lol. The only thing in focus well is his hairline. I should have closed a step or 2.

Oh the focus def came out like crap. it looked good on the lcd screen but when I went to process i was like wth man lol. The only thing in focus well is his hairline. I should have closed a step or 2.

You were shooting at F1.8 and too close you only have to move your body a fraction and you miss focus

Shot 1 could have gone down to iso800 or aperture could have gone to F4

+1. Def agree big time! I had room to wiggle too its not like he was a horse galloping around lol.

Really 800? I'll have to try it. He is officially addicted to tubbies and going potty so I spend A LOT of time in there now lol

+1. Def agree big time! I had room to wiggle too its not like he was a horse galloping around lol.

Really 800? I'll have to try it. He is officially addicted to tubbies and going potty so I spend A LOT of time in there now lol

I was wondering why your ISO was so high as well, however I think the main problem is you were too close. Oh, potty training-I used to put froot loops in the toilet and let my son aim at them, heehee. I also went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of cheap toys for $1 each and everytime he went potty I let him pick something out of the bag :)

Don't forget you would have to go to 1/60 if your not used to using slow shutter speeds you will get blur

I was wondering why your ISO was so high as well, however I think the main problem is you were too close. Oh, potty training-I used to put froot loops in the toilet and let my son aim at them, heehee. I also went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of cheap toys for $1 each and everytime he went potty I let him pick something out of the bag :)

I have trouble with my aim after real ale :lol:

I guess you were at the pub again :) US translation: bar or club :) heehee. Yeah, I have taken some shots after a few glasses of wine that went straight to my recycle bin :lol:

I guess you were at the pub again :) US translation: bar or club :) heehee. Yeah, I have taken some shots after a few glasses of wine that went straight to my recycle bin :lol:

When i'm shooting rock bands i can be in a bit of a pickle sometimes with 3 cameras round my neck and over shoulders so far nothing broken

Most reactions

Back