2 pics for C&C

attreides

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were not taken with my dSLR, but I would still like to hear any comments on what could be better and how to make it better with my dSLR.

18048_857121504752_28131417_53332769_4260621_n.jpg

18048_857121514732_28131417_53332771_4445735_n.jpg
Obviously over-exposed.

Thanks!

I like the first shot. The only thing that I cant think is that the light on his face and the sky are really bright and it is a little harsh for my eye. Maybe a different time of day or more light in the room so you could expose better for the sky without losing the detail in the shadows of the room.

Well you know that the second picture is over exposed but I personally would get in closer and shoot from the other side. It seems like they would have a a great expression on their faces.

Like GFreg already mentioned you can get a really nice look if you brighten up the room with a speed light or some hot lights. The goal is to increase shutter speed in order to darken the city and the sky outside (getting rid of nasty highlights).

You have to be careful though when mixing different color temperatures - it could end up messy in terms of white balance. Preferably use a speed light I'd say.

It's also easier to use a gel to match the color temperature.

Get rid of the table in the left lower corner - it's distracting. If you decide to have it in the frame then move it more inwards but the way it is it's not working.

Move the frame more to the left so that the model is located more in the right half of the picture. Also straighten the drapes a bit, they look a bit messy (I'm a clean freak when it comes to things like that).

Try it again and post!

I'd also prefer to see the faces in the second shot.

However, I'd shoot every person individually with a much closer framing. The location looks interesting and it appears that it was an overcast day which should have provided pretty decent lighting.

Most reactions

Back