2 shots from San Diego CA, CC?

pthrift

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I visited the west coast for the first time back in Febuary of this year and took probably 1000 images in a week. Of course most of them were trash, but I knew I wouldn't get a chance to return anytime soon so I just kept snapping as much as I could.

Here's two that happened to stand out to me tonight and I'd be curious to get some C+C on them....

1.San Diego Harbor by patrick.thrift, on Flickr

Crowded by patrick.thrift, on Flickr

what do you think about correcting distortion?

I did in the first one, I apparently forgot about it in the second one. Honestly I only spent about 5 minutes on either image editing them
$sailboats corrected.jpg

better?

I really can't see much of a difference... in the right part of the picture I still don't see a straight line

as for #1 look those buildings on the left

Last edited:
mm I see what you're talking about in #1, but I seem to be failing at getting the barrel distortion out....

what software do you use for pp?

and that's not barrel distortion

cs5. I'm not very versed in eliminating distortion though, I honestly just typically click the box in camera raw to correct lens distortion

In acr where that box "lens correction" is, you have also "manual correction" ... just play with sliders a bit
You have also Lens correction under Filters in CS5, play with it, you'll definitely learn something

Ok thanks, I'll check it in the morning

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4. probably at work.

I worked on it in both CR and cs5, using filters in cs5 and using the manual corrections in acr, all to no avail. It clearly moves the image around but not in a way to straighten the buildings to any notable degree.

Use the vertical and horizontal at least in Lightroom. Took 30 seconds but you loose a but of the shot. Still a little crooked? But I didn't spend much time on it. Did you use a wide angle? This happens a lot with my Tokina 11-18 especially if the lens is tilted up or down in anyway.

$reTouch (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
I dont have lightroom, only cs5. regardless, thanks!

Use the vertical and horizontal at least in Lightroom. Took 30 seconds but you loose a but of the shot. Still a little crooked? But I didn't spend much time on it. Did you use a wide angle? This happens a lot with my Tokina 11-18 especially if the lens is tilted up or down in anyway.

/QUOTE]

I used my 18-55; probably at 18 or 20. I'm sure its the way the lens was tilted, this shot was done handheld. But after you mentioned the vertical/horizontal adjustment, I found the same in adobe camera raw and made the adjustment.

/QUOTE]

I used my 18-55; probably at 18 or 20. I'm sure its the way the lens was tilted, this shot was done handheld. But after you mentioned the vertical/horizontal adjustment, I found the same in adobe camera raw and made the adjustment.

Great! Glad to be of service-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back