My Trip to San Francisco and surrounding area

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a little trip out to San Fran a few weeks ago to visit family, and of course, I had to make them take me everywhere. One of our trips was to Montery to Point Lobos National Park. Here are a few of the pictures from that day.

#1 Picture was as you first enter the park and the trail splits. To the right more rock formations, to the left is where you can see Sea Otters swimming and playing. We chose RIGHT.
20141124 CA Montery031_tonemapped by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Further down toward the water I was able to set up and take a few long exposure shots, and tried my best to avoid getting wet.
20141124 CA Montery038 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

And of course, you have to get the cliche of the water breaking over the rocks.
20141124 CA Montery047 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

On our way back home I just wanted to try something on the minimal side. Some of the family liked it, some didn't.
20141124 CA Montery008 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

I like #4 more than all the others, which are pretty standard beach, rocks, waves shots.
#4 OTOH is quite spellbinding.

I love Pt Lobos.
When I lived in SF and work was really tense, I would drive down early in the morning and walk in before the gates open. There isn't a more beautiful place in Northern California.

They are all pretty cool. I want to get some shots like this one day. I lived on the beach for over a decade but it was Florida. The ocean is like a bath tub 85° and No dynamics.

#4 is clearly the best, it needs a bit more of the sky and the sand in my opinion, and then it would be an excellent shot that you can print, put in a white frame and hang on the wall.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I have a different version of #4 for you to look at and comment on. Better or Worse then the one above ?

20141124 CA Montery005 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

The #4 first one is by far the best. The other version loses all the symmetry. As for the other shots? In my opinion either pretty much standard, over processed, or both. But that #4 is a hang-able abstract.

Thank you all for the nice comments. I have a different version of #4 for you to look at and comment on. Better or Worse then the one above ?

20141124 CA Montery005 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

No 4 is better in my view, because it borders on an abstract and that is where it's strength lies. There is also great dynamics of a coming wave that almost jumps on you and it is great. It is in line with a lot of abstract paintings of this kind.
This picture (#5) is nice, but I do not see anything extraordinary. The balance is a bit wrong to my eye, a bit too much of the yellow stuff. But your mileage may differ.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back