2004 or 2005?

meotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, i'm just being silly now... :p but what do you think?
IMG_1545fix.jpg

taken in skagway alaska i think...

The rail should be centered if you ask me. The mts are interesting and the railway but I loose interest in the rest. Fences, poles etc. Walk the rack for a while I'm sure you'll find some better surroundings. Great Idea, I like the feeling.

I agree with tmpadmin, the surroundings take away from the photo, too many potential subjects. I like the leading lines of the rail and if you could get a clearer shot without the distractions I feel it would be a much stronger image.

The moutains in the back are a nice "backdrop" but I feel like this picture should be taking me somewhere...but it doesn't (IMO). Does that make sense?

I like the idea though.

great idea and perspective for this! i agree with the others comments, and wonder how it would look with the rail in focus - could you still get a decent DOF for the backdrop?

I really like this shot. I like that the rail isn't centred, as the containers to the left imo bring the picture back into balance.

Sure there are poles and fences everywhere but thats what a railway yard looks like.

I would of really liked to see the track in very sharp focus so it would feel like you could reach out and feel the cold rusted metal.

I also think the light could of been a little more kind to you. I would like to see this taken in the soft light of morning/evening and some more detail in the sky.

thanks for your comments all :) unfortunately i'm on the other side of the continent back in CT. so a reshoot is not possible in the same exact location... the reason the rail isn't in focus (at least one of the reasons) is that the S30 is horrible at anything close up. so getting something that close to the lens in focus is an act of futility.

i concur that the track should be more focused though... the lighting was horrible, overcast but sun behing it... making it very glarey.

probably if i had a filter of some sort, it would have helped that aspect a bit more.. or at a different time of day.

thanks again for the comments, i'lll keep them in mind next time i have the opportunity for a similar shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back