2013-2014. Season of the Snowy.

18.percent.gary

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I grew up on Plum Island in Newburyport MA which has long been a hot spot for Snowy activity. I remember as a child (in the 80's) that a SINGLE Snowy sighting in the marshes would bring birders from hundreds of miles around to spend the day searching for the prize. It even often warranted a top story in the Boston Globe!

Flash forward to this winter where I could reliably go to Rye Harbor NH and look at my favorite first year female anytime I wanted to. Spend enough time looking at the same bird and you kind of assign a personality to it I think. That said, my bird is special and I got a thrill every time she would swivel her head towards me and open those ridiculous yellow eyes to take in what I'm up to. I get chills just thinking of it. I have a crush on a bird lol.

Anyway, I know it was a "bumper crop" for Snowies this year and I've seen many astounding images from you guys here so I thought I would dedicate a thread to our good fortune.

Please share your Snowy shots from this long, harsh (hopefully done) winter as a tribute to these amazing birds... as well as your tenacity as a wildlife photographer!

I took this a couple days ago (sunny 68 degrees and lying in the salt grass getting a tan while shooting) of my favorite girl:

13767467584_a8d148e9b9_b.jpg

My personal "best of" Snowy set from this season can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/102532253@N05/sets/72157640431671253/

Awww Snowy Owls. Again I only get to see these on the net and they are just beautiful in all aspects. The colouring, markings and details they have along with those gorgeous eyes, makes these kind of special. Excellent shot and absolutely love the habitat surrounding in this shot. Gives it a great feel of where they are, very neat to see. A little sleepy this one or just a slow blink ?? Love it.

All the best up there and off to check out that link thanks :)

Danny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back