2022 New Year Resolutions related to photography?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone want to share their photography related resolutions for the coming year? I have a couple.

1 - get out for sunrise more often
2 - take fewer photos (nothing like getting home and having 20 perfectly identical frames)
3 - learn PS (layers, composites, frequency separation)
4 - get into better shape/range of motion/flexibility - between my knee pain and my cranky back I can't always get the photo that I want

The grands got me two photography books. One is for a 52 week project where you can write notes. It is written for a beginner, but I'll try out the ones that I don't have experience. The other book has many, many photographers with their thoughts and ideas for photography. I did skim the index to see if any TPF members were listed ;)

1. read and work the 2 books
2. capture motion shots like the pups running at me. I need to learn the tracking camera menu
3. attend more of the local meetups. I really enjoyed the 3 times last year I attended for portrait sessions.
4. learn the capabilities of the mask panel in PS. I tend to do things the way I have done for 10+ years and not venture in the new ways.
5. watch a course or two at CreativeLive. Normally I do this in Jan to Mar when the weather is too bad to get out

I hear ya on the knee pain!
I keep one of these in the car and it really comes in handy. If I know I’ll need it, I hook it to my bag or belt hook with a carabiner Also use my hiking poles if there’s nothing to pull myself up with.

This one I have at home for gardening.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those knee pads are a brilliant idea. I can totally relate to the back pain (as some of you already know!), so I would like to explore shooting my 35mm Pentax again. I got bored with small negatives and fell in love with medium format, but current reality is, it's a bit much now if I'm walking any distance.

We've been buying some fun old cameras that take 120 film, they're just fixed lenses.

My 2022 resolution is to acknowledge my weight limits and just get out and shoot something!

I was asked by some friends to shoot their wedding. I looked up some info online and gave them an answer that I'd do it. So, as I am studying Wedding Photography, I hope to be a 2nd shooter at least once, practice street photography and portraits. I still have 6 months, but a lot to learn. I have no experience shooting people, as my interests lie within Nature Photography and Cars/Boats. But I am not totally new at this, they asked me because they have seen my work and love it. In addition I need to learn more about my camera and LR/PS editing as I have knowledge, but it's limited.

Also I always wanted to do Photography as a career, so I am going to use this as a way to jump-start into that. If I end up loving this I may look into being a Wedding Photographer, if not, I have an interest in Real Estate Photography.

Either way I will be studying/shooting more this year than I have previously.

Anyone want to share their photography related resolutions for the coming year? I have a couple.

1 - get out for sunrise more often
2 - take fewer photos (nothing like getting home and having 20 perfectly identical frames)
3 - learn PS (layers, composites, frequency separation)
4 - get into better shape/range of motion/flexibility - between my knee pain and my cranky back I can't always get the photo that I want
Like you, get out at sunrise and sunset.
some of my favorite pho are long exposure, I want to do more.
create more photo ops for myself.

Like you, get out at sunrise and sunset.
some of my favorite pho are long exposure, I want to do more.
create more photo ops for myself.
Sunrise is easier to get up for this time of year but it’s freezing around here that early! Tomorrow’s sunrise is just after 7 but the temps will be below 30.

sunset happens while I’m working ☹️

Get my butt into the dark and do some BW printing. And maybe use some paint brushes to "paint' on the developer.

Oh.....and buy a house so I can have a dedicated darkroom (and a garage for my Mustang's.....LOL)

Most reactions

Back