chot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! Me and a friend took some shots of his car, what do you think?

P2120015_fix_.jpg

P2120016_fix_.jpg

P2120028_fix_.jpg

P2120029_fix_.JPG

P2120045_fix_.jpg

P2120051_fix_.jpg

P2120040_fix.jpg

P2120049_fix.jpg

I'm not sure this is the best setting for the car shot.

But...

3 is probably my favorite. You should pull it into photoshop and intensify those colors a little bit.

I do like 6 quite a bit as well. But those wires to the right are just killing it for me.

Bump! I'd really love to get some more C&C on this :)

MightyLeeMoon: thnx for the comments, the setting was more or less the only spot we could find that was flat enough before the sun went down ;)

I would love to give you some critique or a comment that makes any sense, but I am so not into automobile photos at all ... I am far from being an expert on them.

All I can say is that your photos are full of distracting elements in the backgrounds, even I can tell as much. Some of the angles chosen are cool, but when there suddenly is a bicycle right behind the car that competes with it, not to mention all those (interesting!) sailing boats, then ... well, then not even the coolest angle can make the car really stand out. That is what I think here...

And in the last but one ... why did you crop off that one tyre?
If you reshoot, make sure you have a very non-descript background, or at least one that does not distract as much. And try to get all of the car into your frame. I think.... Car photo experts, do come! Please. Help me out of this..... :shock:

Car photography is very difficult. One of the main problems is that a car is quite a big object, therefore you tend to need a big background.

Although the area you've chosen to shoot it in is probably very picturesque, it's also cluttery. When taking a picture of a thing/person, you only want a bit of context in the background. This is why a large number of car photos are taken from one car to another whilst moving (just a simple plain blur as the background, with the context of movement).

Also, you've chosed one of the most difficult times of day to take pictures - when there's not enough light to get a normal exposure, but not dark enough to be light. You may notice that most car night shots are taken in urban surroundings where streetlights or floodlights illuminate the car.

Do a search for XMetal on the forum and you'll see some stunning examples of car photography (I'm pretty rubbish at it actually!) as it's an interesting, but quite different set of skills to normal photography.

Nice sub btw!

Rob

OH........... Sweet is that the O6 Peugeot 206 S? OMG I live in the US. So i wont see any of those in real life anytime soon. But ya BA car. Horrible lighting on the shots. Although I still like the Shots! Props. Keep up the Ba work.

Thank you for the c&c, this is very helpfull to me!

i didn't even think about the background (only in generall terms "this is a ok setting") but you guys really opened my eyes for me :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back