20D discontinued

morydd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.morydd.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I notice on DP review that the 20D is now listed as discontinued. Is a price drop likely then at the retailers?

The 20D seems like enough camera for me at this time, and if the price drops a significant amount, I don't see a reason to get that over the 30D.

If you buy from the right retailer, you should be able to do negotiate a deal. A big box vendor is unlikely, as the sales staff is not authorized to make deals. Also, a lot of the good camera stores already sell cameras for thin margins because they getter better overall margins on ancillary purchases such as memory cards, printer ink, and all the other "little, unimportant" stuff that REALLY adds up. Nonetheless they are stuck with outdated merchandise and might be willing to let go of it at a discount. Don't expect anything massive though. Instead, see if they won't throw in something you're going to need anyway. CF cards, straps, lens hoods, that kind of stuff.

Man.. this is soo like my life!!!! I just bought my 20D in November!!! and already its discontinued!!

Its a great camera.. lots of bells and whistles.. but the firmware upgrades fix that!! :lol:

I chose to go ahead and buy the 20D at the time rather than wait for the 30D since 1) I had the money at the time, and 2) My financial Advisor (My Wife) allowed me the purchase..

I have greatly enjoyed the camera.. a huge improvement in usable features over the original Rebel Digital..

You can find the 20D body at under a $1000. They already have dropped in price.

B&H and Adorama both have them for $989.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back