What's new

24-70 f2.8?

I bought a 24-70 2.8 for my D80 primarily to shoot people, could not possibly be happier. For portraits etc it has been the perfect lens for my shooting style. Of course primes would be sharper/faster/better, if you are looking for the flexibility of a zoom and shoot people, I say go for it.

Allan

Id rather have an 85mm 1.4 as a portrait lens then a 24-70...
 
Id rather have an 85mm 1.4 as a portrait lens then a 24-70...

I'd rather use my 90mm f2.8 Sonar T*, but sometimes the flexibility of the zoom is a good thing.

Allan
 
i'm not so much into portraits so really the 24-70 would be for flexibility in photographing events and what not. This is why i'm considering the zoom over the primes. I have quite a while left until i purchase it but i think i'll go with the 24-70 and just save up to get 70-200 and then move on to FX as fast as i can.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom