2nd Shoot: Blair Riley C&C

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this was my second time shooting with Blair, would appreciate some C&C!

1. I did some experimenting with "filters." (Aka, plastic, flowers, etc). Check out my other thread for my favorite: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/344721-magenta.html Personally, I know this photo probably breaks a few rules, but I just like the way it looks!
$DSC_0790.JPG

2. Classic over the shoulder pose. I think her posture's a little bit off though, and the background is a little distracting, despite shallow dof.
$DSC_0696.JPG

3. I told her to try to convey "defiance." I liked her pose. Again, not totally digging the background, but until I can drive and scout for some awesome places, I'll do the best I can with what I got!
$DSC_0813.JPG

4. Artificial lighting here (flash to the left). I like the range in contrast.
$DSC_0843.JPG

5. Honestly, this picture shouldn't look good at all. Took it in front of a random house, vehicle to the side, etc. However, with some cropping, I think it turned out okay, and I rather like the overexposed look in this one.
$DSC_0904.JPG

So, what do you think?

Thanks!

#4 works the best.

Tell her to wear an ironed shirt next time.

#4 works the best.

Tell her to wear an ironed shirt next time.

Yup, I thought the same thing haha. You'd hope that would be common sense, but nope!

1 - The haze is a little too prounounced for me - maybe if it were a little softer / more transparent it might look better to my eye, but it's really an eye of the beholder thing there.

2 - the distraction seems to be mostly due to that white tubular area off to her right - clone that out and I'd say you'd have a keeper there

3. Ok, have to be honest - the pose really doesn't say "defiant" to me. Not really sure what it says to be honest - but I like the shot though, the pose is not the sort of thing you would normally see and to me that makes this one a keeper.

4. Definately the pick of the litter. Gorgeous shot.

5. would probably work better if her hair were a little darker - maybe try bringing the exposure down a just a bit, so her forehead isn't quite so washed out and has just a touch more contrast against the background for more of a back lit effect.

Thanks for the critique thus far! Sounds like #4 is the best. Robin, I'm gonna make a few edits and see if I can end up with some more keepers!

1 - The haze is a little too prounounced for me - maybe if it were a little softer / more transparent it might look better to my eye, but it's really an eye of the beholder thing there.

2 - the distraction seems to be mostly due to that white tubular area off to her right - clone that out and I'd say you'd have a keeper there

3. Ok, have to be honest - the pose really doesn't say "defiant" to me. Not really sure what it says to be honest - but I like the shot though, the pose is not the sort of thing you would normally see and to me that makes this one a keeper.

5. would probably work better if her hair were a little darker - maybe try bringing the exposure down a just a bit, so her forehead isn't quite so washed out and has just a touch more contrast against the background for more of a back lit effect.

How's this?

$DSC_0904.JPG

$DSC_0696.jpg

How's this?

Huge improvement on both, I would say. Keep in mind though my own version of the "classic over the shoulder pose" looks more like this:

So really, take it for what it's worth.. lol

Most reactions

Back