Well, I did it, I got the
Canon Extender EF 2x II today, I ended up paying $250 for it. The cheapest I could find it on-line was $325, and locally for $370, so I went a different route.
This is what I posted on Craigslist:
Craigslist said:
Looking to buy a Canon Extender please see list of what I will pay below:
Canon EF 2x II - $250.00
Canon EF 2x (1st Gen) - $200
Canon EF 1.4x II - $200
Canon EF 1.4x (1st Gen) - $150
I'm not a dealer, I only want one, and only want it to be Canon not some off brand.
Please respond using the link above!
Thank you!
I didn't actually expect anyone to respond, but I had 1 email offering the 1.4x II to me for $240, and then the one for the 2.0x II came in missing front cap (already bought front cap on
ebay).
I met the guy, in a public place of course, and tried it out. It worked, and after cleaning it with my lens pen, the glass was in perfect condition. I've run a few frames, indoors since it is night, and it performs as I would expect a "NEW" one to, though it has some scuffs on the paint (normal wear and tear I guess).
Tomorrow I will do a whole outdoor workup using my 70-200 f/2.8 both with and without the extender, and will post up a review with all the pics large enough for you to see the details for yourself.
REVIEW IS HERE!