2x Teleconverter For Canon

I went out this evening and grabbed some quick shots with my Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro and Sigma EX 1.4X TC

hummerTC.jpg

cactusTC.jpg

RabbittTC.jpg

I am a Canon 5D user, also 2x TC w/70-200 f2.8L IS USM...an unbeatable combination IMO.You will be shooting with world class equipment if you choose this route. But be forewarned the price is high to fly high.

Thanks, Ian, for taking the time to shoot a few pictures to post for us. They look great. I'll definitely put the 1.4 TC on my Wish List for the future.

Well, I did it, I got the Canon Extender EF 2x II today, I ended up paying $250 for it. The cheapest I could find it on-line was $325, and locally for $370, so I went a different route.

This is what I posted on Craigslist:

Craigslist said:
Looking to buy a Canon Extender please see list of what I will pay below:

Canon EF 2x II - $250.00

Canon EF 2x (1st Gen) - $200

Canon EF 1.4x II - $200

Canon EF 1.4x (1st Gen) - $150

I'm not a dealer, I only want one, and only want it to be Canon not some off brand.

Please respond using the link above!

Thank you!

I didn't actually expect anyone to respond, but I had 1 email offering the 1.4x II to me for $240, and then the one for the 2.0x II came in missing front cap (already bought front cap on ebay).

I met the guy, in a public place of course, and tried it out. It worked, and after cleaning it with my lens pen, the glass was in perfect condition. I've run a few frames, indoors since it is night, and it performs as I would expect a "NEW" one to, though it has some scuffs on the paint (normal wear and tear I guess).

Tomorrow I will do a whole outdoor workup using my 70-200 f/2.8 both with and without the extender, and will post up a review with all the pics large enough for you to see the details for yourself. REVIEW IS HERE!

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will do a whole outdoor workup using my 70-200 f/2.8 both with and without the extender, and will post up a review with all the pics large enough for you to see the details for yourself.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing your results!

Most reactions

Back