3 for C+C please

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
out at the lake the other day. trying to get out of a little funk lol.

v5dh6t.jpg

k51h6s.jpg

I know the composition is horrible and the branches are coming out of his head, but i am trying to find nice locations for a senior shoot in april and told my buddy to stand still. i was just wondering how i did in terms of lighting. all i had was the built-in flash, i think with my sb600, i can get something nice

epf7us.jpg

thanks

2 might be better if you cropped out some of the sky.
3, well I dont know what to say, It looks like a photo taken with built in flash.

I like the composition on no.1

For the test shot- You definitely will get better results with your 600.

I would start with matrix and TTL-BL on the 600. Adjust the compensation + or - on the flash to adjust the fill. Matrix and TTL-Bl can give inconsistent results (meaning, can change a bit with even a small change in composition), so if you change composition or change camera from landscape to portrait (or vice versa), you may need to re-adjust your compensation. That's just someplace to start. If you can, shoot in RAW+Jpeg so you can make WB adjustments later. But depending on how much fill is being supplied I would try a WB of flash, cloudy, sunny, whatever it's like outside and check your results.

If your subject is in shade and/or you have a bright background, a place to start:
-Matrix Metering
-Manual mode
-Meter off the background, then stop down one stop using the scale in the viewfinder. The default setup is to turn the dial to the right. I would choose your aperture and go with it, so close one stop using shutter speed.
- For aperture, it depends on your lens and what you can do. Somewhere between wide open and two stops down. Open wider to blur the background, but stop down as needed for sharpness. The exif on your shot of the guy was f/22, if that's right, I would open it up a bit more.
-Set ISO to base ISO, increase if needed to get the shutter speed up if you need it.
-Set flash to TTL-BL (If you use TTL then start around -1.3 compensation)
-Add or subtract fill light on the flash using the back of your 600.

If the subject is in really dark shade, then the range of brightness between your subject in deep shade and background might be too much to balance the look - in which case scout another location or you will be dialing in more flash power and end up with a flashy look.

Just some ideas where to start, others may have additional or different ideas.

3, well I dont know what to say, It looks like a photo taken with built in flash.

what makes you say that - i ask out of interest ?? maybe i should say what about the photo makes you say it looks like it was taken with a built in flash

thank you myfotoguy. yeah it was super bright out so i was at higher f numbers all day. i thought that it didnt come out too bad considering i just had him stand there. I mean in terms of separating him from the background.

heres 2 more from the same location. i guess im wondering if this place has potential or if i have potential to get some nice senior pics.

14nlir8.jpg

2s5yxxy.jpg

I Like the b&W but i also like the contrast of colors in #2 #3 i would say you may want your sb600 but the location looks good.

thank you, the second one caught my eye because it was a green house between 2 red houses. i did some pp to make it pop more.

i deff want to bring my sb600 and hopefully will have the ability to get it off camera with a softbox and some reflectors. and the lake will be melted and look beautiful

Most reactions

New Topics

Back