3 for your review and C&C

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tossing some out and thought these were worth saving - your review and C&C is appreciated... (You know what they say about "In the eye of the beholder"...)

thanks, in advance, for your comments...

r

3768172917_1d8ca7b40e_b.jpg

3768172053_21c5fac40a_b.jpg

3768973764_9a7b6c95c8_b.jpg

I like the slow exposure. Same thing people like to do to rivers and waterfalls but you did it to sand...great job...

I like the over-saturated color of the flowers....it conjures images of an old lady gardening...don't know why, but I like it...

Again with the sand...but this time...it seems a little bland...perhaps add just some post-processed brightness to it....just my opinion

Nice work all together....keep up the good work...I look forward to seeing what more you have up your sleeve...

Just personal preference, but...

#1 - The photo looks very soft to me, and that could have been the intent. My personal preference on a shot like this is to be sharp as a tack. I like the composition, however.

#2 - I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I'm not a huge fan over over-saturation, but it does have a very surreal look which I'm sure will appeal to some people. It also looks to be a composite also, because I can see some of the flowers repeated several times throughout the frame. This isn't a bad thing, but I'm just curious what the intent of that was. If you were simply using one of the flowers to 'fill-in' empty space, I might have changed the angle, flipped, changed color, or done something to attempt to make it look different. Again, I'm not sure what the intent was, so I could be completely off base.

#3 - Still seems soft, but I like the composition better on this one than the first. I also like the sepia tone.

#1 - I like the idea behind this image but the horizon looks off and the B&W conversion could use more contrast...seems kinda flat.

#2 - Clone stamp?

#3 - I think this one works better than the first image. Not sure if I like the sepia tone treatment though.

I can not tell a lie - I don't like #2 at all, ;) but I do like 1 & 3, I really like the brushed look of the sand -almost like its blowing. As Samanax mentioned though with #1, the horizon is slanted.

#2 - Clone stamp?

Absolutely.... Took one and cloned it twice.. Did that to enhance the composition - took one that was nothing, and played with it ... added 2 more flowers in a strategic location, and processed it with the Orton effect.. Kinna liked it, so hung onto it - until I wrote this thread........ Remember, it was on it's way out .. ;)

Cloning ................ not a bad thing.. :mrgreen:

Glad you liked the sand shots ...... had fun there, and plan on going back (Bruneau Sand Dunes) for more 'very early AM' pictures...

thanks,

r

#1 looks soft...not bad

#2 not doing anything for me..boring

#3 again seems soft like #1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back