3 from last night (HDR)

McNugget801

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great clouds down by the lake last night so decided brave the mosquitoes to get some shots. All images are three exposures (RAW) with various spacing, edited in LR, processed / tone mapped in photomatix, then back to LR for a few finishing touches.

3835273829_3cc67bf726.jpg

3835274141_bba747c5b1.jpg

3836066098_28b4259bde.jpg

Nice images overall.

#1 comes off as a standard photo of a tractor, at a angle, with HDR thrown in for interest. Its a nice image, but I'm not into the composition or the subject.

#2 is similar to #1 in that its a nice image, but I find that piece of wall shooting out on the lower left isn't well placed in the image, its too straight. Although the grass and sky are killer. What the heck is that black smoke trailing in the sky? I can see the Olympic rings and the number 3 in there.

#3 is the best HDR IMO. It has a nice range of tones and colours

love all 3 pictures, great job!!! did u PP at all?

aside from hdr?:greenpbl:[/QUOTE]

whats hdr?

All three are very nice. I would, however, like to see a little more detail in the water on #3...aside from that I think 3 is the best one here.

could you maybe explain your technique? shutter speed + f size + ISO

Thanks!!

I love the first shot!!! (But I come from an Eng. background anyway.)

The next two are wonderful. Great work.

could you maybe explain your technique? shutter speed + f size + ISO

Sure but for which image, each one was processed differently.

Very cool! I've never attempted HDR. I need to haha :)

#1 is my fav!

I don't know why people dis HDR, I think it makes pictures look amazing (in most cases). Nice job :thumbup:

I Don't think you can beat an HDR image of an old scraper! #1 is my fave for the same reason as Soocom1

1 and 2 look like dull images with HDR thrown in. Number 3 looks great, nice composition, great colours and it doesn't look plasticky like the first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back