3 new beach/people photos

I can do that to ;)
6757869573_c3360d0146b.jpg
Thanks! I like that one! Can you try it with the 3rd?

I ike the first one, maybe a tighter crop on it. A little off the bottom and the right side.

#2 works ok for me, but my eye keeps getting drawn to the poor area of cloning on the guys left side.

#3 gives a slight hint of wonderment in the child. Needs the exposure and color balance adjusted a bit, also just a bit tighter on the crop might help it really work.

I ike the first one, maybe a tighter crop on it. A little off the bottom and the right side. #2 works ok for me, but my eye keeps getting drawn to the poor area of cloning on the guys left side. #3 gives a slight hint of wonderment in the child. Needs the exposure and color balance adjusted a bit, also just a bit tighter on the crop might help it really work.
Yeah I'll be fixing that clone job :lol: just a test run to get them up here. I tried a tighter crop on the first photo, but without the added foreground it made the scene rather flat.

Thanks! I like that one! Can you try it with the 3rd?
Sure ...

6757996527_01a33896c5.jpg

I didn't have a real good gray target on this one so I used the same correction I used on the first one. On the first one I used the back of the surfboard which I assumed was white (or gray in the darkening light).

Scraig how did you do the second edit?

I don't use Photoshop, I use Nikon Capture NX2 so it's probably a different process. NX2 has the ability to place a gray point anywhere on the image and it will correct the color of the entire image so that the selected point is gray. It also has white and black points as well. I don't know how you would do that in Photoshop or Lightroom though.

Any guides on how I can fix these and do what you guys did in gimp?

It's just adjusting the white balance, as Dominantly said, but I don't know how to do it in Gimp.

That's some visually boring place! ;)

I like the second one. It would be better if the building wasn't in the shot. Nice series.

I like that one as well. The other two don't do much for me.

If I dont have a real reference I adjust until it looks right to me from what I know of the scene.

On this I went +30 TEMP and +3 on tint.

I actually like the dark. It leads a telling story. Did he miss the tide? What is he looking for the future? Maybe one day I will get there too. These aren't readily available when I see it touched up lighter.

I like the first one but I don't care for the overall blue cast. I realize it's an evening or early morning shot and the blue may have been what you were going for. I Took the liberty of correcting the color. If you don't care for it that's fine to because honestly I'm not sure whether I do or not. I left it kind of dark and moody though.
6757869573_c3360d0146.jpg
A lot of people are not big on the blue tint. Thats just whats on the east coast where we are. Very blue and purple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back