3 portraits... CC Please - Need to know how I am doing on sharpness.

dsc5119qf1.jpg

I think you are oversharpening the eyes, making them look more like fake glass eyes, than natural organic ones. I like your second version of #1, the one where you didn't get rid of the wrinkles, much better.

I think you are oversharpening the eyes, making them look more like fake glass eyes, than natural organic ones. I like your second version of #1, the one where you didn't get rid of the wrinkles, much better.

thanks for your comment. I dont think I over sharpened the eyes. I added some dodge to make the eyes a tad bit whiter. I used an off camera flash.. maybe that had something to do with the eyes?

I used Boutwell Magic Sharpner for overall sharpnen.. maybe I should erase the eyes... that could have been it... Thank you for your cc

wildmaven.. are my overall pics getting sharper? or anyone else? I can point out the soft one.. which I like the expression and wanted to share.. but the others I worked on in camera sharpness.. correct exposure etc...

Ah can I be a devil's advocate and suggest blurring, but leaving the eyes as they are - like this?
48621996td5.jpg

Most reactions

Back