3 Shots From the Past Month

ViceOfFire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I haven't been coming here as much as I'd like to, but after Christmas I very much hope that will change. Here are a few different shots that I've taken recently. The ocean one is HDR. Thanks for stopping by and bare in mind that I'm still very much a noob and could do with any hints and criticisms. Remember, be harsh if needed, it will ultimately help.

Some rocks at the coast along The Great Ocean Road (HDR)
Waterandrocks61_0_-1.jpg

Conceptual self portrait, taken in the shower with the remote in waterproof bag.
DSC_0021copy2.jpg

The processed look was intended here, to make my skin look dirty etc.
eyeblah.jpg

The HDR looks good (not real, but good) to me EXCEPT for those two pools of water on the rock right in the front.

I think the self-portrait needs to be sharper on the eyes and needs to get rid of the visible fixture.

#3 - Not for me. Eye is sharp.

TF

Thanks for the crits, sir, but may I ask what a fixture is? I'm new, as I said.

EDIT: If you mean light fixture then no, that's the handle for my shower. I only used the popup flash (investing in an SB900 soon) with tissues and foil for diffusing and offsetting the flash. Ghetto I know, but it was all I had.

The HDR looks good (not real, but good) to me EXCEPT for those two pools of water on the rock right in the front.

I think the self-portrait needs to be sharper on the eyes and needs to get rid of the visible fixture.

#3 - Not for me. Eye is sharp.

TF

Those are holes in the rock, that's why they're so bright.

Thanks for the crits, sir, but may I ask what a fixture is? I'm new, as I said.

He means the knob to turn the water on and off.

Ahh I see, thanks village idiot. I couldn't really do anything about that, as it was already such a confined space my camera was almost wet. But I'll bare it in mind for next time.

I hate to bump my own thread, but I really would like some more crits/tips.

Most reactions

Back