3 Things I Screwed Up in My New Photography Business

OOOO! One that boggles my mind on that same tangent is the people who buy contracts off the million and one people selling them. The laws of each state are so very different, how can you be sure it is even remotely covering your derriere?

1) buying gear for what I needed at the time, instead of what would be the most versatile and hold value the best. I have a lot of random junk sitting around that collects dust, but isn't worth the effort of selling either.

2) Worrying more about technical aspects of photography more than cultivating my style, vision and what I want my product to be

3) underselling myself. Sure, humility is good and fine and all, but saying 'well, I guess I'm sort of okay, but I wouldn't say great"
doesn't get you a whole lot of work. Be confident in your work and abilities, and work your behind off to deliver on those promises.

Boy, do I ever resemble that remark!!
I don't even HAVE "3 things" because that ONE thing stops me from even considering photography as a business (though, in the interest of complete disclosure, I wouldn't really WANT to be a full-time photographer, for other reasons as well).
I'm an EWAC--Eeyore With A Camera. "It's okay, I guess--nothin' special. Thanks for noticin' me, though." :lmao:

I'm trying to get over that... :D

Most reactions

Back