3 Views for C&C

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took up pottery before Christmas and my enthusiasm for the craft rubbed off on my wife and we got each other a wheel for Christmas. I'm still refining, as is obvious, but I thought I would take some shots of this greenware in case it explodes in the kiln. To get an idea of scale, the bowl is about 30cm (1') in diameter. I anxiously await the day when I can throw a pot taller than 30cm. As of now, they all become abstract, uh, lumps when I try to go that high.

1o20t0

2. Took this shot from the rim light side after making an adjustment and I liked the way it looked.
w8azs6

3. A B/W version from a slightly different angle.
vlj4rf

Love how you managed to keep the texture. good job!

I dont like the angle of the first image, mainly because of the white background. The top part of the image gets a bit lost, even while being mostly defined. Your third shot doesnt have this issue (for me)

Good job both on pottery and photography, the lighting in the second one especially. I spent a few months trying to learn pottery a couple of years ago and never got anything quite this good. I suppose I should stick to the day job and photography but I know I'll be back at the wheel sometime soon anyway!

Thanks bigtwinky and Ken for looking and for commenting. I agree with you, Ken. The second shot is probably the most successful as it really looks like clay. It's one of those nothing kind of shots that reveals I should have set up my lighting in this manner, rather than a high key. I was just kind of interested in how the light grey would look under this light set up.

Most reactions

Back