Cracks and crystals. Critique welcome

MikeFlorendo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Here are some shots of my ceramics that I made years ago when I had my studio up and running. The first is a crystalline glaze and the second a raku. I always liked the contrast of wheel thrown pottery that has balanced circular planned shapes with a glaze that is random and unpredictable. Every time I opened my kiln it was like Christmas. Never knew if it was a present or a lump of coal. Thoughts on photo and ceramic pieces welcome.

Thank you for looking.

1-

$Crystalline (1 of 1).jpg

2-

$Crystalline #1 (1 of 1).jpg

3-

$Raku  (1 of 1).jpg

4-

$Raku #1 (1 of 1).jpg

I am just going to say something on your composition here. I like them all.#1 I think was shot from a lower angle. It makes the neck of the structure a little bit stiff because of the texture of the jar. #2 is for the shape and colour but I am not really keen on this kind of shot even though the texture there too is very good. Must be something wrong with my eyes. It is not working very well this yawning...

#3 and #4 are two necessary shots that should really go together and one that should not be separated at all to show the progression between the two objects. Like this ones the best.

Thanks for posting Izziek. Yes #1 I had no choice on angle. I don't have very many ceramic pieces left just the ones I gave my wife when we were dating. Those two pieces everyone wanted but she got. The crystalline vase shot #1 is porcelain and some what fragile. Her (well mine but not by blood) then 2 year old son broke the lip and top. (He is 15 now) There is a piece missing and thus the lower angle shot. At the time I told her to throw it away but she wouldn't she just turned it around on a high shelf.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back