$300 Canadian too much to pay for Nikon D60 with scratched LCD?

Michiyo-Fir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Someone is selling a Nikon D60 with a small nick on the LCD for $300 CAD. Is that worth the money? It's only the body, less than 3000 shutter count with box and receipt.

Here's a pic of the nick.
10012007005.jpg

I'm trying to haggle to $250 but not sure if I can.

Edit: Price will be $290, can't get it any lower.

I dont even see a nick and I don't know the conversion.

The nick is on the right side middle of the LCD. Right along the edge.

$300 CAD right now is $277 USD. Since I'm paying $290 CAD, it's about $268 USD. Too much to pay for a used D60?

I think that seems pretty cheap

Thanks, I'm gonna go for it then! Now just gotta save up for a 18-200 mm Nikkor lens!

There's a tiny scratch on the LCD screen barely noticeable though.

The small scratch is meaningless and that seems a very good deal for a D60 body.

Just so you know, Nikon's 18-200 mm lens has the worst barrel distortion of any Nikon lens made today and many, having had the lens, were not at all happy with it's performance. It's also true though that there are also many who think the lens is God's gift... The truth is, to have a 10x zoom range the designers of the lens had to make to many conflicting design compromises to accomplish their task.

IMO a much better solution would be a 2 lens kit totalling about the same cost as just the 18-200, but with an additional 100mm of reach: the AF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR standard kit lens and the AF-S VR 70-300 mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.

I still have a D60 and used 2 of them, with those 2 lenses, to net $12,000 shooting a Sunday only, 7 month outdoor adult soccer league in 2008.

Thanks for the suggestion KmH! The thing is, I really don't want to deal with carrying 2 lenses around and switching.

I'm the most interested in taking shots of my dogs at parks and such and there's no way I can hold a camera, change lens and hold 2 leashes of my dogs while trying to take the pics.

I'm also a frequent traveller and having 2 lenses is just too heavy for me. Especially if I'm walking around all day. However, if I find the 18-200 unsatisfactory, then I will try 2 lenses. I do like the 70-300mm lens though.

I am another one who had a Nikon 18-200mm VR lens and just didn't like it at all.

For me, it never even came close to living up to the hype.

Most reactions

Back