30d too much?

oh and groupcaptainbonzo where can i see some of your work?

Buy the 30D Always get more than you think you need to "get by"with. You will grow into it and its a great camera. Otherwise you may end up wishing you could upgrade and can't.

That lens gets a lot of bad press on the internet...I think most of it is because it 'feels' like a toy and is not actually based on how it performs. It is near the bottom of the barrel for Canon lenses, but it only costs about $100 when purchased with the camera. It's not actually that bad...but if you have the opportunity to upgrade, by all means, do so.

THANK YOU for your comment! I read a lot about the "crappy" kit lens but I like it. Pictures are rather soft when using it but you can always sharpen a little extra. Also the softness is great for portraits. Personally, with my kit lens, 50mm and 70-300mm, I've got enough glass to last me a while. I'd love to invest in better quality lenses but my photography skills leave something to be desired so what I have is good for now. I'd hate to spend even more (I've got about $2000 or more invested in my camera gear already) when better glass will do nothing for my lack of skill. :blushing: I'm hoping to get LOTS of practice this spring and summer.

Buy the 30D Always get more than you think you need to "get by"with. You will grow into it and its a great camera. Otherwise you may end up wishing you could upgrade and can't.

see i cant afford to upgrade a new camera...

so here's my question:is the 30d better than the xti?

Spend your money on lenses, not bodies. The 30D is not A LOT better than the 400D, so you may as well buy the latter. Lenses last for decades, and digital camera bodies will be out-dated every few years...

I think something else to consider is the 5fps rate of the 30d compared to the 3fps with the 400d.doesnt sound like alot but if your shooting sports I think it could make a differance.I can shoot 3fps on a good day and it consistantly falls short of what I would like it to do.

might i recomend the sony a100? since it uses minolta glass so its fairly cheap to get a nice selection for a reasonable price....10 MP blah blah blah, ive used many cameras but the a100 if by far my favorite, so yeah, sony all the way.....you just cant beat the cheapness and quality of the a100. although carring something that says sony around sometimes gets you looks by people that own nikons and cannons, they should have badged the a100 minolta.

Personally, I think the Rebel will be plenty fine for you. It can do a wonderful job. In addition to some lens choices mentioned, I'd spend the difference on the "extras" that you'll most likely want, like a flash, camera bag, etc.

Bev

I love my Rebel. Like everyone said, get the Xti and work on some good glass. Sigma and Tamron make a 24-70 give or take 2.8 that would be great for low light shots and fast action shots.

Why dont you tell us what you want to shoot and we can help you even more?

I would go for the 30 D if that still leaves enough money for at least one versatile good lens. If not, get the 400 D and spend the remaining money on a lens.

As already said, lenses tend to last longer than camera bodies in this digital world. And you certainly will feel the urge to upgrade in 3 or 4 years, whatever camera you buy now.

My most expensive camera is a very recent design and its follow up model will appear probably next year ... my most expensive lens was designed 10 years ago and still sort of state of the art and still in the production lines.

So, unless the 400 D does not limit you severly in whatever sort of potography you are about to do, you can stick to it.

One last point...maybe by getting a Rebel, you (your parents) can also afford to get a monitor calibration device and software. if you are going to do any photoshop type editing, proper monitor calibration is a *must*.

I love my Rebel. Like everyone said, get the Xti and work on some good glass. Sigma and Tamron make a 24-70 give or take 2.8 that would be great for low light shots and fast action shots.

Why dont you tell us what you want to shoot and we can help you even more?

isn't the canon ef 28-135 f /3.5-5.6 a good and versatile lense?
im planning on shooting .....everything,outdoors,family pictures...and even macro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back