35mm street photography

mattcantsk8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were all shot on either portra 160 or 400
first attempts doing street photography on 35mm any cc would be very much appreciated
004_4 (6).jpg
010_10 (8).jpg
015_15 (8)-2.jpg
035_35 (3).jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

These are photography in the street, but beyond that, don't show me anything that is particularly interesting or unusual.
They seem essentially random shots.
There has to be something that you see that you capture to show to the viewer.

I will quote something a street-shooter friend wrote to me.

"Street shooting is maybe the hardest niche of all in photography both to explain and to do. The photographer haunts his chosen environment where, perhaps, nothing is happening - people may be just quietly going about their business - and yet he/she to select tiny moments when an image can be snatched which is more than the sum of its parts - where some fleeting coincidence of expression, gesture, positioning, and movement come together to create an instant which holds some undefinable meaning."

The first picture is unusual and interesting although the framing is a bit loose. Which camera was used - did you have to estimate focus, the pictures look zone-focussed. Be very selective, gradually discover more situations which are unusual (like the first one) and you will build a good series and style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back