360 product photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this is such cool stuff!! I'd love to learn how to do this type of work. I love photography, but seem to have lost direction with it lately. Will have a look at some of the links, but where do I start? I have a lot of equipment including a studio, so what do I need to start and which is the best software? Do I need to have any special computer skills?
Thanks for sharing this info. I've seen this 360 rotations on a few sites and always wondered how it was done.... Many thanks...:)

Hello Assassin and everyone else whom has posted in the thread. I'm actually selling my 360 degree product photography business (360ProductPhotos.com) which not only includes hardware but a very well ranked website in all major search engines. I have way too many concurrent projects and need to let this one go. I've posted the business for sale on eBay. Search 360 product photography business or contact me through this website for more info.

We are offering 30% off for any product made in the USA for our spin136, spin150 and all multi-level 360 degree product photography packages until August 30th, 2011.

Check out our portfolio as we are adding new products every day.

If you are looking for high quality, full service 360 product photography and installation on your web site, check out spinLAB. We can come to you!

spinLAB360.com

Last edited:
Hello Assassin and everyone else whom has posted in the thread. I'm actually selling my 360 degree product photography business (360ProductPhotos.com) which not only includes hardware but a very well ranked website in all major search engines. I have way too many concurrent projects and need to let this one go. I've posted the business for sale on eBay. Search 360 product photography business or contact me through this website for more info.

Could you P.M me or call me at 888-611-3822. My name is Shane, i'm from spinLAB.

I started shooting weddings under Brownewell Photography and then progressed to 360 product photography to fill my time during the off season. The product side of my business is growing so I have begun the process of separating two business and am now shifting my 360 product photography business to Brownewell Photography - 360 Product Division until I can figure out a better name and implementation.

It's nice to see such a great list of photographers from around the world who put out such nice work.

How did you get on with your eBay sale?
ImageStreet - 360º degree product photography for web marketing

Hi everyone,

As we're showing the results of 360 degree photo, I'd add one piece of work we've done lately: 360 for fashion. Some samples: ORBITVU: product photography, 360 product photography
or in here:ORBITVU - 360 session for Kaja and second part:ORBITVU - 360 session for Giulia Betti | Facebook

Captured with the ORBITVU Maxi set. Editionand creation- ORBITVU EDITOR, presentation in ORBITVU Viewer.
As for the Flash, I must agree that's not a future;) that's why we also use HTML5 as a standard. That makes possible to watch rich and interactive multimedia also on iMac and iPad (iPhone too).
Here's a movie showing how easy is to spin and zoom 360:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGh5NBIeN1E&context=C2ecb6ADOEgsToPDskI3-v6of8QezF6Gfs9K0q0h
Hope you'll enjoy:)

If you are a photographer who knows how to shoot the product images and all you need is a software (or a better software) you have these options:

3D Rotate Tool by me (YoFLA), Free (limited with logo), Price 49EUR
3D Rotate Tool : easy to setup 3d rotate tool
Technology: Flash, Html5

JQuery Reel Plugin, Free and Open Source
jQuery Reel Plugin
Technology: Html5

Garden Gnome Object2VR, Free (watermark), Price 49EUR
Flash, HTML5 and QTVR Object Movie Software - Object2VR - Garden Gnome Software
Technology: Flash, QuickTime, HTML5

FSI Viewer, paid, expensive
FSI Viewer and FSI Server
Technology: Flash

Magic 360, paid, 99,199EUR
http://www.magictoolbox.com/magic360/
Technology: Flash, Html5

Each has its owns cons and pros, feel free to add links to other 360 product photography software you know of!

I launched 360 Imaging Solutions in 2009, but it didn't take long to realize how difficult it was to cleanly display hi-res 360º images on the Web.

So, I had a programmer friend work on a project to build a 360º view software platform that does everything after I finish making my 360º images. We made it public in April 2012 so others can use it themselves.

Here are a few things it does:

Tight end-to-end integration
Software should come in a user-friendly package and be integrated, end-to-end, from the upload tool to the password-protected database. And no more complicated integration coding! Just copy and paste one link into a website–that's it.

Mobile-friendly
HTML5+JavaScript only. iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch; all of them are covered, with Android in the works. It’ll display hi-res 360º images that fully utilize the retina display on the new iPad without any image stretching.

Cloud-hosted
The fastest, most reliable and globally dispersed servers are Amazon S3 Cloud Servers. Amazon rents their servers out to hard-core tech companies (Netflix for example, uses these servers to deliver movies online). So, Imajize runs on these servers, too. This causes every 360º view to load fast, no matter where on earth it's being viewed from.

Pay-as-you-go
Anyone who uses a 360° view pays each time it’s viewed on their website. It's similar to the Google AdWords "pay-per-click" model.

Syndication
A lot of my clients at 360 Imaging Solutions want to share the 360º view with their online retailers. Before I built the platform, this was a nightmare. The masses of retailers are generally not tech-savvy. They need a simple, one-step "copy-and-paste" integration solution. So that’s what this platform does.

Loading speed
My old Flash viewer took about 10-15 seconds to load a 20-frame 360º view. The new 360º viewer loads the same hi-res 20-frame 360º view in about 3 seconds.

Image processing
Edit your 360º images in Photoshop, crop them to 2500x1875 pixels, and upload to the platform. It does the rest.

Online tutorials
Check out the Imajize blog coming next month (June 2012). There, you'll learn about the studio set-up, techniques, and Photoshop ActionScripts I use at 360 Imaging Solutions.

Referral network
Independent 360º photographers that use Imajize get added to our referral network. When a new manufacturer/retailer signs up, we give them access to this referral network to help them find and hire a trusted pro.

Free demo
Each new signup gets a credit of 1,000 free "views" on their 360º views, so they don't need a credit card to take it for a spin :)

We worked really hard to build this platform in a way that fuses technology with creativity, just like Apple. Now we made it public. We hope you like it!

www.imajize.com

Happy to annouce that we just released our latest version of WebRotate 360 Product Viewer v3 used by companies ranging from Renault to Manfrotto. Host on any servers you like :) No accounts or per-view fees. Free version is available.

Recently we've been getting requests from online retailers and manufacturers that need help finding a professional photography studio to create 360º images of their products.

We've been building a list of 360º photographers to refer our customers to. If you're a 360 product photographer and you want to get added to our list, contact us. Getting added is free. And because Imajize provides the complete integration, database, and 360º view player, it's only the 360º product photos that are needed. The main requirement for the images is that they're cropped at hi-res to 2500x1875 pixels (so it'll look awesome on large retina displays devices like the New MacBook Pro and the New iPad).

By the way, Imajize is now free to use on your 360º product photography website. If you're new to 360 photography then check out our blog,we love sharing our tips and tricks on how to make awesome 360º product photos!

Having a 100% turn-key platform isn't for everyone – some like to tinker with HTML code. But then, some like to spend more time taking pictures instead – that's our philosophy :)

Last edited:
It is hard to believe that this post has been going for 4 years. Tee tech has changed, and the customers have as well, but I still love shooting products both for end customers and for the photographers out in the world that want to add a little more for their customers. I wonder what the next 4 years will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back