365 project

I'm pretty new to photography and not nearly so ambitious. I chose to go with a Project 52, so I only need to get one photo a week. Baby steps, I guess.

this is an awesome idea, really inspired me! I'm brand new to this but I'm doing one picture a day for a year. I was originally going to do a 30 day thing but this will hopefully be a lot better. I'm spending the month of July in Italy so that will add some really interesting photos to the mix, I think. Only on day 5 now and hoping the photos will get better as I learn more throughout the project. The book idea is really awesome

I'm 24 days into this project and it's way more fun than I thought it would be. Some days are tougher than others, but I think it's the days that are tough that make my brain really think and that's what I enjoy about this whole thing. Here is mine 365 Day Photo Project - a set on Flickr

Has anyone ever done it correctly, and finished one?
I have! :) I didn't hear about the project until late in the month last year so it's technically not January 1st to December 31st, but I did the entire 365 days. My project ran from January 29, 2011- to yesterday. It was an awesome feeling when it was over...kind of bittersweet. Today it felt really strange not getting my camera out of the bag. A day or two of resting is probably all I'll need.

And yes, I took a photo every single day...no snagging any from previous collections (which was tempting on days when I just didn't feel like messing with it).

I've heard the comment so many times, "I didn't finish the project because the photos seemed 'forced.'

I simply don't agree with that statement. Yes, I had days when I was grasping at straws but the other 300+ days taught me how to use my camera and to see things around me in a whole new light.

Would I do the project again? Possibly, but it won't be this year! I've had enough for the moment. :sexywink:

I'm telling you Jess! Do a 730!

I am going to miss seeing your images every day!

You should be so proud of how you progressed!

!!!

I'm telling you Jess! Do a 730!

I am going to miss seeing your images every day!

You should be so proud of how you progressed!

!!!
Thanks so much Bitter!:hug::
I should have done it but next time I would like to do Jan 1st - Dec 31st! We'll see how I feel at the end of the year. :lol: I should have at least done a weekly photo but I didn't plan that right either.

My friends and I are at day 22 now. A few have used old pictures when they were sick but most of us have been taking pictures every day. Some of mine have been to just record a moment, and others I've really put some thought and energy into it. Either way, I can't wait to keep learning and know that I've finished a great project!

Congratulations are finishing yours!

My friends and I are at day 22 now. A few have used old pictures when they were sick but most of us have been taking pictures every day. Some of mine have been to just record a moment, and others I've really put some thought and energy into it. Either way, I can't wait to keep learning and know that I've finished a great project!

Congratulations are finishing yours!
I had the flu and still took photos. Not an excuse... LOL

I just started on this project as well along with others on one of the photography focus groups i joined on meetup.com. Although this group is only doing this for 21 days, I plan to stick by it for the year. This is a great idea to improve on my shots.

This seems very tough to me. May be Photo a week is a good idea for me :)

I only got to half of January...

Doing well here. Only lost two out of six participants and we're still going strong!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back