4 New Pics for C&C (including an adorable ferret pic!)

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an interesting batch since they were all taken by my wife who is also a newbie. She saw the feedback i was getting and wanted to get some constructive criticism on her pics as well. I think she's doing pretty good (but don't tell her i said that). Please let us know what you think and any recommendations for improvement.

Picture 1:
4388256492_12d12e449a.jpg

Picture 2:
4362402893_2919a33257.jpg

Picture 3:
4209860053_dde366ca28.jpg

Picture 4:
4198369956_24935afc7d.jpg

#1 looks like a snapshot.

I like 2,3,4 though. They all have nice colors.

Off subject though...., I have to say I do not like Ferrets! They are horribly dangerous towards babies!!! Just an FYI in case you plan on having kids or do have some and plan on more.

I would really like the forth one if the ferret was in focus and not the wood. When shooting animals its like shooting people. For the most part you want them in focus. Although I still like it even though the ferret isnt in focus.

The gentleman in No. 1 is very distracting and his placement seems very weird. It would be better without him IMO. If the image is big enough I'd crop out everything except the girl.

A different angle on No. 2 might work a little better. The dark lines on the building and the dark part of the head seem to blend together and distract. It's still a nice shot though.

If the farret was in focus on No. 4 it would be pretty neat. It's still interesting with him out of focus. I would try to take out that power line or whatever it is in the upper right hand corner, maybe crop the picture a little closer in.

I personally think #3 has the most potential... I agree with what everyone else has said about the other shots..

Absolutely, in #4 the ferret needs to be in focus, not the wood...

Also, in #1, nothing at all seems to really be in sharp focus... My Exif reader isn't allowing me to see what your setting were but if I had to guess, it would be that you were using a slow shutter speed and no tripod which caused motion blur and that's why it looks like nothing is in focus...

Just my $0.02 :)

Off subject though...., I have to say I do not like Ferrets! They are horribly dangerous towards babies!!! Just an FYI in case you plan on having kids or do have some and plan on more.
:lol:
not trying to start an internet pissing match but I've had ferrets since I was 10 till now and I have never had an issue with them around babies or little kids for that matter.
I like that last pic but I'm only a newbie and I think it would have been better if the furry was in focus

google "ferret attacks baby" I know it's off subject, but MOST people do not realize how dangerous they are towards babies.... I didn't know about it until I saw some special on TV trying to bring awareness to it.

google "ferret attacks baby" I know it's off subject, but MOST people do not realize how dangerous they are towards babies.... I didn't know about it until I saw some special on TV trying to bring awareness to it.

Not to derail even further, but I googled 'ferret attacks baby' and all I found of relevance was one youtube video of a ferret jumping at a baby's face (which I've seen both dogs and cats do) and two articles about ferret attacks, one from a few years ago and another from 1988.

Try googling 'dog attacks baby' or 'cat attacks baby.' Dogs have killed babies. I couldn't find anything about a ferret killing a baby. Not that anything attacking a baby is ok, but maybe people with babies shouldn't have dogs or cats either? Maybe I missed something, but I'm going to go out on a limb that a family with a baby and a ferret is probably ok, as long as the parents are responsible, and supervise any activity between the two.

EDIT: Ok, I looked again and found two cases of a ferret killing a baby. However, in both cases, the ferret was left out of it's cage, and the baby was unsupervised. This is a classic case of parents neglect, but blaming it on the family pet.

1&2 don't do much for me... Is #1 from the Olympics?
I love #3!!
#4 Scares me but it is cool.

1 - Is either a story telling photo (and you didn't include the story) or a snapshot

2 - Doesn't do anything for me.

3 - Very nice. I like it all around.

4 - Did she try one with the ferret in focus instead of the logs?

Thanks all!

Yes, the first one was from one of the Olympic victory ceremonies here in Vancouver. She just one the medal for women's speed skating. The last one was a little tricky due to the movement of the ferret so she had to shoot fairly fast and not quiet the master of focus at this point in time.

i think the interesting thing, for me, about the ferret photo is that it is sort of menacing....it looks like he just crept in there..lol. I like it.

Shots 2 and 3 are great. Personally I like #4 with the ferret out of focus but recognizable. I think it makes a uniques perspective.

"Google ferret attacks baby" :lmao:

What doesnt attack babies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back