40d $889

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey I have been looking for a camera for a while now and I have decided the 40d is the best, but it's too much money :(. I just saw on US1Camera, that they have 40d bodies for $889, which seems too low to be true. The lowest I have seen is $926. Do you think it's refurbed or something, or do they just have really good prices on bodies?
This is a link, see if I missed something.
http://www.us1photo.com/catalog/pro...=5217&osCsid=0eb8259ec53e3441d487b78b23358f7b

Thanks

It might be a gray market item...which means that the warranty is not good in the US. You need to be careful with some of those places. Google the store and look for reviews on them.

Ya, I loked them up, they have a good rating, I believe it was 9.1 in the past few month and 8.7 or so all time. It doesn't say it's grey market, and it does say it has a US warranty at the top.

The only problem would be that I would only have $200 for a lens to go with it, but that camera is THE one for me lol.

Yeah the Canon 40D is a great camera. I got the body and the 28-135 lens for around 1200 shipped so it is quite expensive, but it's well worth it. But if you want most of the goodies, check out the Rebel XSi and grab a better lens, or if you want durability Canon 20D or 30D is not too far from the 40D. Refurbished isn't a bad deal either, just make sure you know your warranty for it. As long as you got the lens, light and skill, you can produce beautiful images from any of these cameras. Good luck!

Yeah the Canon 40D is a great camera. I got the body and the 28-135 lens for around 1200 shipped so it is quite expensive, but it's well worth it. But if you want most of the goodies, check out the Rebel XSi and grab a better lens, or if you want durability Canon 20D or 30D is not too far from the 40D. Refurbished isn't a bad deal either, just make sure you know your warranty for it. As long as you got the lens, light and skill, you can produce beautiful images from any of these cameras. Good luck!

ehh. I wouldn't recommend stooping to the level of an XSi :) nah just kidding, not that bad. But, right now the 40D is just about as cheap as the XSi, and as close as they'll come in awhile. You can get a US 40D w/ 28-135 for 1,129 shipped. Then you're only paying like $240 for the lens, which you can easily sell for at least $300 I'm sure. Not being too risky there.

Yeah...I wouldnt get the XSi if you want the 40D. Like keith said, they are about the same price...close enough that its worth spend the extra on the 40D!

Yeah...I wouldnt get the XSi if you want the 40D. Like keith said, they are about the same price...close enough that its worth spend the extra on the 40D!

"[In image quality] For that matter, Canon's own EOS 40D is a tick behind the XSi across all indicators. Of all cameras costing under $2,000 only the Nikon D300 provides better imaging overall.

This brings us to the $340* question (the difference in price between the 40D and XSi): What does the higher-priced camera (40D) give you? A much tougher metal bodywith excellent watersealing, beefier innards, including a 150,000-cycle shutter, a smoking burst rate of 6.5fps, user changable focusing screens, and ISO 3200. Shooters who are tough on their stuff will want the 40D, no question.

But giver the capabilities of the Rebel XSi, as well as it's price, it's one very sweet deal"
-Popular Photography, July 2008

*Not taking the current rebate into consideration.

Basically the gist of PopPhoto's testing and review is that the XSi gives better image quality, while the 40D is the camera for more serious shooters for build quality/durability, features, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back