40D Shutter Button...

Steve5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The shutter button on my 40D seems a bit wonky (I believe that's the technical term for it). It's almost as if I have to press it harder than normal to get it to work. That doesn't really make sense, but that's what it feels like. This has resulted in the occasional lost shot, of which I'm not all to freakin' happy.

I use a battery grip, and the shutter button it it works perfectly, with no issues whatsoever.

The camera's long out of warranty, so I'm going to get it into the shop. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue...

Sounds like a contact problem, the isopropyl alcohol treatment has worked on many bodies with the problem. I have never tried it on any of my bodies, but I have friends that have and it worked for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't know that I'll try that.

The problem with the video is that is doesn't show the camera powered up and operating before the "fix". It doesn't even show the camera powered up and operating after the fix.

I'd need to see both of those, I think, before I engaged in such a repair...

The shutter button on my 40D seems a bit wonky (I believe that's the technical term for it). It's almost as if I have to press it harder than normal to get it to work. That doesn't really make sense, but that's what it feels like. This has resulted in the occasional lost shot, of which I'm not all to freakin' happy.

I use a battery grip, and the shutter button it it works perfectly, with no issues whatsoever.

The camera's long out of warranty, so I'm going to get it into the shop. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue...
Put it in the dishwasher Steve.

Trust me on this. ;)

I did what David444 suggested with my 40D when I started to get the shutter button problem a year ago. It was scary, but it worked !
The camera is still going strong with no side affects after the treatment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back