---

Tyg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
---

Last edited:
My Sigma 150-600 Sports lens. I love shooting birds & wildlife.

Reactions: Tyg
My 55 f/1.4 Zeiss Otus.

That is not a fair question for many photographers ... my usage of the camera is in three categories ... wildlife, landscape, and macro ... so I cannot answer your question without sacrificing 2/3rds of what I shoot.

You have to do it to answer. It's tough ! :) I had to hypothetically bin several good lenses to answer it :)

That is not a fair question for many photographers ... my usage of the camera is in three categories ... wildlife, landscape, and macro ... so I cannot answer your question without sacrificing 2/3rds of what I shoot.

Ok, in the interests of Lens Trauma Prevention (LPT) photographers can specify three lenses if they wish to :)

Ok, in the interests of Lens Trauma Prevention (LPT) photographers can specify three lenses if they wish to :)
The same 3 I have carried or their equivalent in 35mm or 67 formats for 50 years as a portrait photographer, 35, 85 and 135. But that pancake 50 is so small in a film nikon for street and pairs nicely with a yashica 124 6x6 with a fixed 50.

First I got to select the camera system, THEN I can select the lens.

m4/3 = 12-60/3.5-5.6
APS-C = 18-140 or 16-80/2.8-4
FF = 24-120/4
35mm = 28-85 or 35-105. 50 for cameras w/o zoom
6x6 = 80
4x5 = 150

LoL, LPT, is that real? What, did you get a barrage of teary eyed, gasping for breath PM's??? LoL
Well, my usage of the camera is in ten categories...., can I keep ALL my lenses???
Back to your original query, all I really need is my 50mm 1.4. I shot with one of those almost exclusively for the first 25 years, i'm pretty sure I can get pretty used to it again.
Ok, for the spoiled babies that can't give it up even for a make-believe game, as already mentioned my 50mm, then my 24-105 for general shooting followed by the 70-200 2.8 since I can shoot sports with it then put a 2x behind it and shoot most wildlife as well.
See, eazy peezy! CRYBABIES!!! LoL
SS

• Love
LPT LTP ? well, i just made it up :icon_biggrin:

I can't even get a three letter acronym the right way around :icon_biggrin:

Ok: what six lenses would you keep, if you absolutely had to?

Don't worry about explaining why, i trust your reasons. I know, I know, it's a tough call !

I could pretty easily get by with just the Fuji 16-80 (I use a crop camera). I shoot 90% of my photos with it. If I were to add two more it would be the Samyang 12mm and the Fuji 70-300. Those 3 lenses are always in my bag.

1) Canon 500mm f/4L

2) Sigma 105mm f/1.4 Art

3) Canon MP-E65 f/2.8 Macro

No way I could get down to just one lens for what I shoot. Couldn't be done. I could manage to get it down to just the 24-70, 70-200 and my 300 but I have others that fill a need like the 105mm macro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back