47th St. PHOTO........QUESTION.....

oldnavy170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I did a search first but I can't find any feedback regarding 47th St. Photo. Has anyone ordered from them? What were your experiences? I have been ordering from B&H but I found something alittle cheaper at 47th St. Photo.

Let me know. Thanks. :D

If its the same 47th street that sells on Ebay then I would stay with BH photo. No dealing with them but I did look at them a few times and felt they were fishy.. Claims of how great a lens was when I knew it was not. BH photo is very good to me on service and shipping. I ordered 12 rolls or Illford and got them the next day by ground ship ups.. 350 miles away.

I received my flash unit from them. I ordered it with amazon tho but it came from their store. It definitely would have been better to pay $10 more at B&H and not spend 2 full weeks waiting for the thing.

47th street has been around since I studied photography in NY in the 80s. They got out-grown by places like B&H - yey!! and Adoramam - boo!!

I have no comment regarding their trustworthiness, but wanted to let you know they're no fly-by-night outfit. They've been in business for 30+ years.

Ok I did a search first but I can't find any feedback regarding 47th St. Photo. Has anyone ordered from them? What were your experiences? I have been ordering from B&H but I found something alittle cheaper at 47th St. Photo.

Let me know. Thanks. :D

shipping took a while for me when i bought from them on ebay, but nothing too bad (it took about 1.5 weeks)

I recently ordered the Opteka BP-D80 battery grip from them.

Fast, excellent service. No problems here.

I had a horrible experience with them. After I bought my lens, I waited for 3 weeks for my package. Nothing. So I sent them numerous e-mails and they never responded to one. I sent them 1-2 e-mails for about another week. It had been 4 weeks with no lens, and no contact so I left them negative feedback and opened a case with paypal. Sure enough they jumped to attention and responded.

They told me the lens was backordered. Wow, wish they would have told me that 4 weeks ago. They said they had the lens in stock now and would send it that day. Sure enough 5 days later I had a package. WITH THE WRONG LENS! So I spent another week with trying to contact them when I finally got ahold of a working phone number. After 2 hours on the phone they said they were still back ordered and wanted me to pay to send the lens back, and re-pay shipping for them to send the new one.

ugh, then they tried to talk me into buying a filter set. Right, like I'm going to give them my money and go through this again. I got my refund and wen't to B&H. Stay away from them... I warn you.

I recently ordered the Opteka D80 grip and it came with 2 batteries for 100 bucks, cant beat that. The order was processed the next business day and waited an additional day for ups to pick it up (ups ground) , 4 days from NY to NE Ohio...not bad but 10 bucks is very steep for all it was. BH shipped a lightstand, gels,mem card,gray card,and a umbrella adapter for 9 dollars and was 3day shipping.

All in all I am satisfied, but if there wasnt a big price diff between the two I would opt for B+H or Adorama.

Most reactions

Back