Anelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anellerichardson.co.za
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC appreciated!!!!

I think I really messed up on this one! These are actually friends of ours and I took some pics of their kids whilst visiting them this past weekend - they live 3.5 hours drive away, which is why I did the shoot whilst we were there. Thing is it is almost impossible to work with my own kids and my dh around - it is like no-one realizes that I actually need to pay some attention to the kids I'm supposed to shoot! All the kids were interested in were getting back to playing!

NEVER, EVER, EVER again! I was totally stressed out by the end of it. Also only time we had for shooting was around noon
rolleyes.gif

And please, please, please can someone explain to me WHY in the wide world anyone would keep on telling their kids to: "SMILE - Show some TEETH!" If it isn't a parent, it is one of the siblings
frantics.gif
frantics.gif
This is not the first session where this has happened!

Shot with the 50mm 1.4 and I LOVE it way more than th 1.8

Anyway here are some from the session:

AQPhotobucket.jpg

EQPhotobucket.jpg

JQPhotobucket.jpg

CQPhotobucket.jpg

KQPhotobucket.jpg

I like the one with theswing and the last one the most.

5 kids...well as long as they aren't all in the photos together. So far I've only had to shoot 3 kids and THAT was a lot of work! I think you captured some really nice shots here!

First & foremost you did a nice job on all, but the last one is my personal favorite.
Second, you are indeed a brave soul to take on 5 kids at once, I have five grandkids and once & only once to get them all into one picture, never again.
Ed

these are all great. I don't really care for the skin tone in the first one, he looks dead to me but everything else is great.

I have my first big group session with 6 kids in a couple weeks and I am supposed to get at least one shot with all of them together. That is going to be an adventure for sure.

I favor the first & last and you did a nice job.

You know, I've been told by a photographer that I have to be bossy when I'm doing shoots...he said that if people around him tell the subjects what to do or tell him what to do he will send them away or hand them the camera and say "here, why don't you just take over"...sounds harsh, I know, but he has a point.

Photography is an art...you're the painter...you don't need someone else's hand jabbing yours while you're painting. Get bossy & get the shots you want.

With that being said, you did a lovely job.

Most reactions

Back