What's new

5 minutes in Malibu

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
832
Reaction score
378
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long exposure. Couldn't find my remote that day, so finger on the button.


DSC_0731.jpg by Javier Descalzi, on Flickr

I'm not so sure about the composition.

Thanks for looking.
 
I like the effect of the water in the front part of the picture, but I think I would crop out the city lights (top part) off the picture, I find it distracting as its out of focus and showing nothing really interesting
 
I really like the forground, not sure about the lights in the distance. It's kind of different. I use the self timer as a release for time exposures.
 
Thanks. I'll give that crop a try. It does seem to me like two separate pictures, one above the rocks and one below.

The D90 won't time more that 30 seconds. It was dark enough to require a long exposure (or very high ISO). I'm surprised it came out reasonably OK given that my finger was on the shutter release for 30 seconds.

5 minutes, ISO 400, f6.3
 
I 100% agree, crop the lights out and I think you have a great image! I would crop right below that "line" in the water. I may even consider lowering the exposure on the bright water a bit after the crop. The foreground of this image is stunning to me. Can't wait to see the crop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom