5 Year Old Photo Shoot - Urban Style - CC

Thank you all! I've had this 'urban' style idea for his 5 year pics in my head for awhile and couldn't wait to take these. We live about an hour and a half from downtown Dallas too!

I seem to be getting either good or bad cc from #2! I appreciate both. I def. didn't clone any part of his neck out. lol. I think it may seem odd b/c he told me he didn't want to smile for this picture, he wanted to make a 'cool' face, and this is just how it came out. There is some room for a different crop... maybe that would make a difference.

I think his head is just tilted too much making it look unnatural.

Great shots Reyna!

#2 Is the one to hang on the wall. :thumbup:

I'm jealous of your abilities.

what a wonderful idea.
#4 makes me feel like i need to use the restroom :lol:

#2 is wonderful. I love how the diagonal stripes in his tie are repeated in the diagonal stripes in the paint on the wall. The lighting is great in all of them...I too have a 50 mm 1.4 and LOVE it.

My only concern is #3...for some reason he looks like he has been"pasted" or something on to the background. He sort of "pops out" and has this cut-out look to him. Was he superimposed on the background? If not, I'm just curious how you obtained the effect I'm referring to? It's the only one that looks a bit unnatural to me.

Be proud of these pics!

So, you've had those images around for five years already....but they look so contemporary! Who da' thunkit!?!? Thanks for posting.

They look awesome on my phone

exept for 1 and 3 the rest are awesome :D. One looks like he got ...an...ummm. in his pants.
3 to me just looks off, if the camera angle was lower, it would have been better. The bokeh in 3 ij just odd.

exept for 1 and 3 the rest are awesome :D. One looks like he got ...an...ummm. in his pants.
3 to me just looks off, if the camera angle was lower, it would have been better. The bokeh in 3 ij just odd.

Oh no! Number 1 was my favorite but now I may have to crop that... umm... out of his pants! I can't look over it now! I LOVE my Caleb's smile in number 1!

Number 3, maybe I just over-sharpened it. Or, the fact that the light poles are so much further than his head.... idk, I'm going to work on that one and re-post number 3 later.

I'm not much of an expert, but one was my favorite, the one I'd frame. Liked the off center subject and the other side of the frame being way out of focus, also his expression. Missed the thing with the pants, but if you've had the pictures that long and hadn't noticed either, maybe it's not such a big deal. Not so crazy about the one with the pole coming out of his head. Maybe if you cropped it or blurred it a little? Cute kid!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back