500,000 Shutter Count on my D7000?!?

Good lord, my d7000s are close to 2 year old and i have one at 28 000 and one at +-10 000. thats insane

I was wondering if shooting video adds to the shutter count and i just checked and 1 shutter count for 1 video, thats all, other than that i dont know. craziest shutter count ive seen on a camera and still working..

If the former owner liked to do timelapses, that'll eat up a couple thousand actuations each no problem.

If the shutter is replaced does the camera know?

If the former owner liked to do timelapses, that'll eat up a couple thousand actuations each no problem.

No. There is no 'odometer reset' when a shutter is replaced.

No. There is no 'odometer reset' when a shutter is replaced.

So this could be shutter #5 and you'd never know

this. high frame rate time lapses burn through actuations.

Not by the shutter actuation count. If the previous owner told you, or you had access to the repair records, that would be a different story.

But if you hold the camera upside down while you shoot, though, the shutter count goes down.

I just wanna do the scene in the remake of Ferris Bueller where they have the dad's Leica M Monochrom upside down with the shutter button held down with a stick and then it goes flying into the lake.

Shutter count498540NIKON D7000
332% of this model's expected shutter life

Not by the shutter actuation count. If the previous owner told you, or you had access to the repair records, that would be a different story.

well the camera has a serial number... there must be a
way to access the maintenece record

the fee times ive sent my gear to nikon they always note the serial number

The camera is in amazing condition. I know it's strange but it looks very new! The only problem I've had with it is the monitor freezing/slowing down for bout 5 seconds and then it comes back to normal. That happened twice since I got it Thursday.

Vautrain, thanks for that idea. Ill have to see if there's anyway to check the serial number

Just after registering the camera on the Nikon site. Can't find any links or anything to check the history of the camera though :(

Just after registering the camera on the Nikon site. Can't find any links or anything to check the history of the camera though :(

I doubt they'd have such info on their web site. You may have to contact them directly.

Most reactions

Back