500 People Group Photo By Shiji Ulleri UAE

ulleri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
last week i did around 500 People group picture! i was so worried about that i can satisfy my client by taking the shot by 5d Mark II, but fortunately it was enough quality to enlarge to 12x16 print and the customer loved it :)

Equipment used:
Canon 5d Mark II
2- 400 Wz elinchrom light
3-200 Wz elinchrom light

3 Assistants to help me with people.

Attachments

• $12x16.jpg
    $12x16.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 218
That's an interesting photo! Was it every person in the company??

Congrats..

How did you use the lights for such a big area?

Why are there several not looking at the camera? One guy is even fixing his glasses?

?????

Did they not know you were there to take a corp. shot?

You try taking a shot of a group of over 50 people and get them all to look at the camera at the same time... It's harder than you think. :p

I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo... lol

Getting a shot with everyone's eyes open.. Maybe.
Having them all look at the camera. Not a problem.

yeah. I know it's probably hard to imagine half your home town in one place, but I've got to agree with the OP on this one.

You try taking a shot of a group of over 50 people and get them all to look at the camera at the same time... It's harder than you think. :p

...or three small children. Hell, one is hard enough!

I do think the two men in the back seem to have done a photobomb of sorts, they are staring at each other from yards apart. LOL kind of funny, actually.

Airhorns, as suggested by MLeeK awhile back, are a great idea for this type of gig.

Thanks Jeff, They all from different companies across Middle East and Africa :) but i am still upset with the people who weren't listening to my command.

That's why the pros use weapons.

"LISTEN, or I'LL CUT YA!"

Its a great shot, congratulations, i imagine it must be tricky to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time, those at the back probably couldn't hear you anyway, but i think it makes for a much more interesting picture, It would be amazing to get a similar shot with a similar amount of people all deliberatly doing something different instead of all staring into the camera.

That's an interesting photo! Was it every person in the company??

Thanks Jeff, They all from different companies across Middle East and Africa :) but i am still upset with the people who weren't listening to my command.

Why are there several not looking at the camera? One guy is even fixing his glasses?

?????

Did they not know you were there to take a corp. shot?

That's a great question? I was clicking some test shots while we were arranging the people, but the VIP's at the front thought picture been taken and they moved to cut the ribbon to start the Event. so all those people weren't patient enough to stay there until i say it's DONE!

Congrats..

How did you use the lights for such a big area?
That wasn't that bad to light up, since i was 4 mtr high from the floor, i used 3 Lights from the camera angle (Direct light), 2 lights from the back(Bounce) also people weren't that close to get shadow of the person at infront of them!

Most reactions

Back