500mm Reflex Shots

istdercollen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up this lens the other day for some fun/spying. C+C if you like!

Rooster
5024610837_4be5af41da_z.jpg

A girl who is scared of doughnut bokeh
5024610695_711d8dcc41_z.jpg

Windsurfers
5025223464_e691662804_z.jpg

And finally, here's a stitch I tried to do hand-held with the 500mm(I know). I wound up not remembering what I had already taken pictures of, so it came out all jacked up, but just to give you an idea of what could have been.

Rice Field Stitch
5019476331_84cf51be51_z.jpg

Care to inform us what brand this lens was? And what camera youre taking them with? The bokeh seems kind of wacky. Im not sure if I dislike it or not. Id also like to commend you on handholding (..if you hand-held..) for the top shot. It must have been a tad dificult with such a dimly lit subject. Ive always thought about taking the plunge for one of these..but I still just cant justify it at the moment..

Mark

I tried my hand at..well..faking the bottom photo. Its a very quick edit, so it doesnt look impressive at all..but its good for an example, I suppose.

5019476331_84cf51be51_z1.jpg

Mark

I tried my hand at..well..faking the bottom photo. Its a very quick edit, so it doesnt look impressive at all..but its good for an example, I suppose.

5019476331_84cf51be51_z1.jpg

Mark

wow, that's better than my skills for sure. Beats driving back to that field to try again! Also this is the Nikon 500mm f/8(s). there is an f/8(c) as well which is older. the (s) version focuses down to 4.9 feet! It can easily be distinguished from the older model by a gold band running around most of the circumference of the lens. the (c) model focuses to 15 feet for comparison. The bokeh is strange by all means, but it can be used to enhance the picture. If that girl was staring at blurry trees with no doughnuts, it wouldn't be as interesting I imagine.

All these shots are hand-held. the rooster shot is on a D1x at ISO 125, and 1/500th shutter speed. That was in extreme daylight too. Generally I have to shoot at 400+ ISO even in daylight to allow reasonable shutter speeds. Thanks for your edit, again!

Wow, I like the 2nd pic! Really amusing. I like how you exploited the bokeh into something good.

Most reactions

Back