50mm Focal length = 50mm focal length. Am I sure? no.

Personnally i can see one other advantage: The crop factor. If you enjoy any type of photography where telephoto is a plus, then a small sensor is a plus.
True, but that only benefits half of all photographers. Some like shooting wide, some like the tele.

I'm personally leaning more and more towards enjoying the wide world of wide angle photography, and I'm not alone. The fact that the K20 has a slightly smaller sensor than the K10 makes me a tiny bit sad, because now buying the 16-45 with it will be no wider than my current 18-55 and k10 combination. Ugh.

True, but that only benefits half of all photographers. Some like shooting wide, some like the tele.

I'm personally leaning more and more towards enjoying the wide world of wide angle photography, and I'm not alone. The fact that the K20 has a slightly smaller sensor than the K10 makes me a tiny bit sad, because now buying the 16-45 with it will be no wider than my current 18-55 and k10 combination. Ugh.

One more reason why I am not going to buy the K20D.
With your lens collection don't you think that there is better ways to spend your money out there? (I am just asking because my collection looks pretty similar to yours)

Well if you like shooting wide then there are DX or digital lenses for the smaller sensors. I like the 1.5 crop because it does give me more reach with my 80-400 VR. Granted it is a pain when Im shooting wide but, I have DX lenses as well. Also I can move back on certain subjects to get the shot I want.

dslrs for dummies
This effect is sometimes called, inaccurately, a multiplication factor or lens multiplier

because you can represent the equivalent field of view by multiplying
the focal length of the lens by the factor. In truth, no multiplication is
involved. A 100mm f/2.8 lens used on a camera with a 1.5 multiplier is still a
100mm f/2.8 lens and provides the exact same image. It’s just being cropped
to a smaller rectangle by the camera. The correct terminology is crop factor.
Common crop factors with today’s dSLRs are 1.3X, 1.5X, 1.6X, and 2X. A camera
that provides a full-frame image, with no cropping at all, is sometimes said to
have a 1X crop factor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back