56k beware, 31 Euro pictures for CC :O

Doonagoowin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright guys, I just got back from a trip to Madrid, Spain, and Rome.
I picked out a few of the more "artistic" ones, that aren't just snapshots for memory.

These are all shot with a Nikon CoolPix S8000. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring my Rebel :( It's all good though, the Nikon shoots just as well.

C&C is welcome for all the pictures. I'm really diving into photography now, I love it. So anything to improve would really appreciated.

Here are 31 out of my 400 odd shots:

1)
DSCN0265.jpg

2) I like how the chimney peaks out from behind the leaves. Maybe the sky is a little white? What would I do to fix that?
DSCN0444.jpg

3) Just a random macro shot of some leaves. The macro on this little camera isn't half bad!
DSCN0416.jpg

4) Another macro shot of a bee. In this picture, the top right leg is out of focus. Is this from the little guy moving, or from the camera/me? Shooting him was so scary, the macro is set at .4 inches. Imagine trying to get close to this bee that was almost as big as a thumb!
DSCN0450.jpg

5) I really really really love how this one turned out. It looks so... royal. What do you guys think?
DSCN0352.jpg

6) Again, whitewashed skies... I really need to fix that. What else would you guys have done to this picture?
DSCN0746.jpg

7) I really like the contrast in this picture. Bright on the left, dark on the right. I did lose some detail on the grass though, but there's really nothing I can do to fix that is there? (without diving into HDR. I had no tripod)
DSCN0741.jpg

8) What would you do differently? Mainly, picking a focus point. I couldn't really find a point to focus on.
DSCN0735.jpg

9) My absolute favorite picture. Thinking back, I should have taken a regular color photo, then taken out the color during PP. Live and learn right?
DSCN0468.jpg

Sorry for how long it was, but thanks for looking through. :D

Last edited:
They are ok to keep as memories of your holiday but they are not going to win any prizes because they are still snap shots, what were you Thinking in shot 29

Why the hell would you post that many pictures? 4, 4, 4, 4, 4!!! Keep it to around 4 pictures!! Just because you have so many, I will CC #1 and thats it!

#1 your white balance is off, I would have used a flash, and it looks like cat food on top of the greens!

Yeah gsgary, a lot of them are just snapshots. I was with my class as a tour group, so not really any time to actually set up shots. That's why you see so many people, and they aren't as thought out as I could have made them. In shot 29, I decided to tilt the camera. All the shots with a horizontal horizon just didn't really do it for me. I liked this shot compared to the others.

Ryan, I'll keep that in mind next time. But in my defense, I did warn of the amount of pictures in the title. About the food pictures. That was a tuna salad I believe. I had to chuckle a bit about the cat food. But the trip was all about trying new things! On this camera, there was a food setting. And you could turn up the red hue, or the blue hue (what I was referring to as warm/cool). The red/warm was turned up one notch, and I think that's why the white balance is off. Flash, I'm not a big fan of the flash that comes on top of the cameras. None of my pictures ever look right with that on, so I opt for it to be off all the time. If I had some fill lighting, yes, I agree, that would have been better. I think that #1 does look a lot more inviting than #2 though (color wise)

Nikon CoolPix S8000

It was like a Auto Scene Selector thing. It's under the menu that has things like "portrait," "landscape," "night shots," etc.

Sorry for how long it was, but thanks for looking through. :D
Sorry, no way I'm going to wade through that many photos, skipped right thru your entire vacation. :D

As you can see, you're not getting very many helpful responses, because you posted so many photos, looking through them all begins to feel like a job. :thumbdown:

To your credit, you didn't dredge up some 14 year old dead thread like so many new members do. :lmao:

Last edited:
Fair enough! I got it down to 9. Is there a way to change the title?

Vacation pictures, good for your family. Otherwise.. meh

Most reactions

Back