5d Mark II LCD moniter Autofocus

downcrash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

New to Canon. Just got the 5d Mark II. Bought it used, so I'm not yet familiar with all the settings. When I am shooting in LCD mode the autofocus feature does not work when I press down the shutter button halfway. Autofocus does work when I'm using the viewfinder eye piece. What can I do to autofocus in LCD mode? I know the AF ON button works, but I'd really like to be able to autofocus using the shutter button. Thanks!

press the * button to focus in live-view. i'm fairly certain you have to use that instead of the shutter.

Yep, I think you're right. Thanks!

Yea, same here. By the time that camera autofocuses in live mode I could have done it myself.

Yea, same here. By the time that camera autofocuses in live mode I could have done it myself.

It isn't made for using autofocus in live view mode. That's the whole thing. It doesn't utilize the cross type AF sensor AFAIK when in Live View. Sure, it can use contrast detect, but it's not worth it.

To use auto focus in live view, it makes the mirror drop down to utilize the focus points, and then flip back up to go back into live view.

It isn't made for using autofocus in live view mode. That's the whole thing. It doesn't utilize the cross type AF sensor AFAIK when in Live View. Sure, it can use contrast detect, but it's not worth it.

Yup. Got it now. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back