6-7 photo of same model - in portfolio - ok ?

craige4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently shot sum photos in an studio and now am making my portfolio, now this particular guy is awesome and i have shot 11 shots of him in different pose...

Now, can i place 7 photos of the same guy in diff. positions and close-ups in my portfolio ? or will it look repeats ??

Second (offtopic), can give me sum web links where i can browse/buy/look into sum professional grade empty portfolio's.......

well, the protfiolio should be sort of balanced. I think it is ok to have a favourite model, but if like 7 out of 20 image show the same model, then I would consider this out of balance.

If the images are extremely different though, it might be OK ... it always depends on the images.

You want to show the reviewer how versitile you are, your style, your capabilities as a photographer. So showing one model only says you haven't been out there long enough. Get as many different models as you can. Get relatives, people in the park, folks at fairs, kids, elderly, mix em up girls n guys, action as well.

Main thing is have fun, learn as much as you can but have fun doing it. If it ain't fun, you're doing it wrong.

well, the protfiolio should be sort of balanced. I think it is ok to have a favourite model, but if like 7 out of 20 image show the same model, then I would consider this out of balance.

If the images are extremely different though, it might be OK ... it always depends on the images.

Well,

I have only few models !
So what i gona do is i will include:
1 close-up,
1 full
1 with sum pose

All of the same model and then with the next in a similar pattern....

Secondly, Two shots i have is exactly the same but in one photo, top-light is used and another i haven't.... so here ok to include both with exactly same pose?

Secondly, Two shots i have is exactly the same but in one photo, top-light is used and another i haven't.... so here ok to include both with exactly same pose?

if apart from th pose both images are very different, and both look great but create a totally different mood each, then it would even make sense to show them side by side, to demomstrate how well you can handle lighting and use it to achieve the effects you want. just my personal opinion.

Most reactions

Back