6 Image Final Series

i'm gonna agree with derrel. a good photo doesn't need to slap you in the face with a story. To me, these photos are interesting BECAUSE they leave a lot of room for interpretation. they tell a story BECAUSE things are left out. there's enough elements there to start to piece something together, and yet so much is purposefully left out which generates a lot of tension. it makes a viewer curious, interested, and engaged. so in that way, even though these shots don't explicitly tell a specific story, i feel these are a lot more "story telling" than a shot of some obvious relationship or interaction.

so that said, of course i'm going to i really like 3. with the girl/person dead center and cut off... ohhh the tension with that chop. works really well imo, look straight out of a scene from a movie. 2 is another great movie type shot too.

IMO these are very nice. I definitely have a thing for faceless or cutoff shots, so this is right up my alley. one thing that's different for me is i usually like a neutrally wb-ed shots, but i think the coloring on these are spot on. really conveys a feeling and mood with the rest up to the viewer to put together. 1 + 6 don't do it for me as much as the others. i think the setting isn't as "romantic" in that the other shots feel a lot more personally related to the subjects.

edit: i wrote this before reading your teacher's comments. I think his/her 2nd comment was pretty insightful and dead on.

Last edited:
I like this set, I don't think every good photo need to have a story but rather intrigue the viewer, have the viewer stroll back and forward thru the photos and question why the photographer have done so. You leave room for interpretation and I like that, I go back and forward thru your photos and I can sense an emotion in each of these shots and I kind of interpret them in my own way and for me that's the story. (Does my rambling even make any sense?)

I'm a sucker for cinematic, I really dig these types of shots and post-processeing. My favorite of the set is #2, #3 is another great shot but I have a little problem with the head cut off, I would rather see the back of her head instead.

But I get the feeling I wanna see more, not in a bad way. I just want to see more of your work.

Most reactions

Back