6 yr. old little girl...C&C please!

westerngirl14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My cousin Kady. She had just got out of the water after swimming and I had the camera in my hands and she looked up at me and grinned! I tried something different by just doing half of her face in the lens and I like the effect but was wondering if it is too far off beat. I know that the quality of the picture is AWFUL but I still haven't gotten my camera yet so I am just using my moms junky little Sony "point and shoot" camera. ugh. I know.! LOL anyways I am having fun practicing with it. So now after this lengthy epistle, here is the picture:
DSC02498.JPG
[/IMG]

dont worry about only having a point and shoot... its not the camera that makes the photograph....

but, actually the photos not that bad... i like the clarity of her eye as my eyes are drawn right to hers...

if you get time to work on post processing, i would brighten the eye up though... its hidden in there with the dark shadows

some blowouts on the face too. nose, cheekbone, and around the eyebrow.
i agree with the need to brighten the eye a bit, but i disagree with 'good clarity' on the eye...looks like focus was nailed juuuuust above the eyebrow...on the same plane as the flyaway hairs.

nice shot overall!
keep saving for a dslr...although its not the camera that makes photos great, it will certainly make taking great photos easier. :D

dont worry about only having a point and shoot... its not the camera that makes the photograph....

but, actually the photos not that bad... i like the clarity of her eye as my eyes are drawn right to hers...

if you get time to work on post processing, i would brighten the eye up though... its hidden in there with the dark shadows

Thanks so much for your input! Yes I know..the eye is too dark. I will see what I can do to fix it up.;) I really APPRECIATE you critiquing this.THANKS!

some blowouts on the face too. nose, cheekbone, and around the eyebrow.
i agree with the need to brighten the eye a bit, but i disagree with 'good clarity' on the eye...looks like focus was nailed juuuuust above the eyebrow...on the same plane as the flyaway hairs.

nice shot overall!
keep saving for a dslr...although its not the camera that makes photos great, it will certainly make taking great photos easier. :D

Thank you also! ugh, yes, the blow outs. The sun was so bright that day and it was a totally unprepared for shot, so i didn't have sun screens up. You're right, also, in saying the focus isn't on the eye. my goof.:blushing: thanks for taking time to critique this! I'm a beginner so every little bit of encouragemental help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back