60mm auto focus question

Rambojonil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so I just got my 60mm and I know that when it's on manual you turn the ring to stay in focus so my question is that when it's on auto do I need to turn it to be in focus too? I'm only asking becaUse I can't seem to be in focus on auto focus. Is it that I'm too close? On my other lense I don't have to turn it when I'm on auto.

All lenses have a minimum focus distance (MFD), and they differ from lens to lens ... what exact make/model lens do you have ?

All lenses have a minimum focus distance (MFD), and they differ from lens to lens ... what exact make/model lens do you have ?
I just bought the canon 6omm f 2.8

Some people focus the lens to minimum focusing distance. And then move the camera closer or further away until what they want is in sharp focus. That gives you the largest reproduction ratio. A focusing rail is used to do this. Some just do forward and back. And others have cross rails so you can get your camera centered the way you want.

They used to be expensive, buy now there are dozens of examples sold at much lower prices from off brand companies on Amazon and Ebay.

Most reactions

Back